Member Profile Request Again

  • Lucy
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2000
      Hi everyone,

      I can't require this, of course, but I think it would save us having
      to repeat what herps we have each time someone joins (we're listed
      now with a new herp search engine so we may be getting more people
      soon). If everyone had a little information on their member profile,
      then when a new person joined they could introduce theirself and then
      look at peoples' profiles to get information about us and what type
      of plated lizards we have. As of today, only Sedg and Kathy and I
      have member profiles that are available to read. It would be helpful
      if others put something in theirs and if Sedg and Kathy mentioned
      what type of plated lizard they have. Sometimes I forget who has
      what and we're a small group, still. Then when someone comments on
      some detail of their lizard(s) I'm not sure how significant it is to
      mine, since there are variations among Gerrhosaurus in diet, size,
      etc.

      If you go to the web site egroups.com, click on the
      sudanplatedlizards group that should come up when you sign on, and
      look at the top bar where it says "Welcome [your name]" there will be
      something that says "Modify Profile" (I think that's the words)
      where you can change what it says about you in your profile or add it
      if you have nothing, or make parts of it public if they're all
      "private" etc.

      Thanks!

      -Lucy
    • Kathy Yaden
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2000
        --- In sudanplatedlizards@egroups.com, "Lucy " <DanceToday@a...>
        wrote:
        > Hi everyone,
        >
        > I can't require this, of course, but I think it would save us
        having
        > to repeat what herps we have each time someone joins (we're listed
        > now with a new herp search engine so we may be getting more people
        > soon). If everyone had a little information on their member
        profile,
        > then when a new person joined they could introduce theirself and
        then
        > look at peoples' profiles to get information about us and what type
        > of plated lizards we have. As of today, only Sedg and Kathy and I
        > have member profiles that are available to read. It would be
        helpful
        > if others put something in theirs and if Sedg and Kathy mentioned
        > what type of plated lizard they have. Sometimes I forget who has
        > what and we're a small group, still. Then when someone comments on
        > some detail of their lizard(s) I'm not sure how significant it is
        > mine, since there are variations among Gerrhosaurus in diet, size,
        > etc.
        >
        > If you go to the web site egroups.com, click on the
        > sudanplatedlizards group that should come up when you sign on, and
        > look at the top bar where it says "Welcome [your name]" there will
        be
        > something that says "Modify Profile" (I think that's the words)
        > where you can change what it says about you in your profile or add
        it
        > if you have nothing, or make parts of it public if they're all
        > "private" etc.
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > -Lucy

        Lucy,
        I added the type of plated lizard that I believe I have as you
        asked us to do.I think that it is a great idea.
        I hope Solomon is doing better.Try not to worry too much about
        catching something from him.I have raised three children with a house
        full of Herps for 28 years and we have never had one instance of
        anyone catching anything from our Herps.Just use the normal
        handwashing and general keeping clean.You should be fine.I wouldn't
        be afaid to handle him if I were you.Just my opinion from my having
        many, many Herps in the house and underfoot through the years. Kathy