prokaryotes

  • plant71
    Message 1 of 32 , Sep 12, 1999
      To be for animal rights is already socially
      accepted, and for plants it gets started.<br>But I
      intercede for prokaryotes. I know most even don't know what
      prokaryotes are, but it's a kingdom as large or larger then
      those of plants or animals. The common name for
      prokaryotes is bacteria, but if I would say I am for bacteria
      everybody thinks I am for diseases. That's of course not
      true. There are far more harmless or even useful
      bacteria than pathogenic ones. It is just the way we (Homo
      sapiens) started to investigate prokaryotes. At the
      beginning of microbiology the interested was very strongly
      focused on pathogenic ones, but you eat a lot of "good"
      bacteria, which are in dairy products. More "good" bacteria
      live in and on your body than you have cells. We need
      not only plants to survive but also prokaryotes,
      because plants wouldn't survive without prokaryotes,
      which close the matter cycle. We could survive without
      animals! But not without plants and prokaryotes!<br>So
      please see also the "good" side of bacteria. I wrote
      "good" because it's typical human to see everything as
      good or bad and not just like it is without any bias.
    • postinkygringo
      Message 32 of 32 , Oct 3, 2001
        animals. I JUST HATE PLANTS!