1446Very sad news that Rosalie Sorrels has passed on.

  • JUEL ULVEN
    Jun 12, 2017
      Folks,
      I just heard the sad news that Rosalie Sorrels passed away  yesterday at age 83.  Here is a news release that The Idaho Statesman posted on her passing:

      http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/article155658024.html

      She
      was lovingly known as "The Traveling Lady" for good reason.  She began her career in the late 1950s' when she left her husband, and with her five kids traveled the country performing traditional & original songs, and those of friends like U. Utah Phillips, Malvina Reynolds, Dave Van Ronk, Peggy Seeger, Pete Seeger and so many more.  Her first manor gig was the 1966 Newport Folk Festival, and over the years we at Fox Valley Folklore Society and Aural Tradition were blessed to be able to work with her many times in the 1990s'.  In early 200s' health considerations restricted her touring, bet she did do some special event appearances occasionally.  She was also a talented storyteller that was well received by many of the Storytelling Festivals and events around the country.   We will all miss her and her music & stories, but we can preserve and perpetuate the music she left us.

      RIP Rosalie,
      Juel Ulven
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic