Call for Photos of European Ecotourism and Responsible Travel

  • Planeta Newsdesk
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18, 2010
      Media Release (September 20, 2010)

      Planeta.com - http://www.planeta.com - the world's first ecotourism website
      based in the USA - is participating in the European Ecotourism Conference --
      http://www.european-ecotourism.com -- in Pärnu, Estonia (September 27-30).

      During the conference Planeta.com Founder Ron Mader will be giving a
      presentation on Web 2.0 in tourism and as part of the presentation has
      issued a call for photos of ecotourism and responsible travel in Europe.

      "We would like to see photos of national parks, city parks, recycling,
      environmental education, good signage, local wildlife and quality guiding in
      Europe," said Ron Mader. "Ecotourism Europe is a great 'show and tell' that
      connects visitors and locals."

      The Ecotourism Europe photography group --
      http://www.flickr.com/groups/ecotourismeurope -- is hosted on the popular
      user-generated website Flickr. As of September 18, group has 41 members and
      247 items. The photography group is co-moderated by Aivar Ruukel, organizer
      of the European Ecotourism Conference.

      "We would like to see a doubling of members and photos in this group over
      the next month," Mader said. "But more important than sheer quantity is the
      depth and breadth that the photos convey. We'd like to see outdoor
      recreation, environmental education and responsible travel in practice.
      Locals and visitors are invited to share their experiences and we will be
      adding photos from conference excursions during the ecotourism conference."