Red Mexicana Mailing Lists

  • Ron Mader
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 16, 2001
      FYI -

      Red Mexicana de Ecoturismo/Mexico Ecotourism Network
      >> http://www.planeta.com/ecotravel/mexico/red.html

      Red Mexicana de Ecoturismo (Mexican Ecotourism Network) is both a physical
      and virtual network providing an open space for announcements, news and
      other valuable information for professionals working toward improving
      ecotourism in Mexico. The loosely-formed network (or "red" in Spanish) also
      meets on a quarterly basis. Our last physical meeting was an internet
      workshop held in December, 2000 in Mexico City's Centro Historico. We also
      hosted the virtual ecotourism conference "Re-Imagining Mexico."

      Details about the conference -- including a list of participants, references
      and a summary document -- are online the Planeta.com website:
      >> http://www.planeta.com/ecotravel/mexico/re-imagining/mexico2000.html

      The network is sponsored by the award-winning Planeta.com website
      (http://www.planeta.com), which focuses on environmental issues and travel
      throughout the Americas. Planeta.com won the 1999 "Lente de Plata" award for
      web coverage of tourism in Mexico.

      There are several electronic mail lists associated with the Red Mexicana de
      Ecoturismo

      1) Planeta Mexico Updates
      - This mailing list is a synthesis of information about ecotourism,
      digesting posts from the Red Mexicana de Ecoturismo and some of the posts
      from the Adventure Travel and Tourism lists. This is an announcement
      service. To receive the Planeta Mexico Updates, send a blank email to
      planeta_mexico-subscribe@...
      Member archives: <http://www.egroups.com/group/planeta_mexico>

      2) Red Mexicana de Ecoturismo: Anuncios
      - Ecotourism-related information is welcome here. Members post short
      conference/event/tour announcements, news, job vacancies, etc *in the
      field of ecotourism.* I forward messages about new websites and
      providers here. We encourage the discussion of projects and services
      that work toward environmental conservation *and* local development.
      To join this list, send a blank email to
      red-mexicana-anuncios-subscribe@egroups.com
      Member archives: <http://www.egroups.com/group/red-mexicana-anuncios >

      3) Red Mexicana de Turismo de Aventura
      - Adventure tourism info is welcome here. Members post short
      announcements, news, job vacancies, etc *in the field of adventure
      tourism.* Rafting, mountain climbing, other extreme sports will be
      sent to this group. To join this list, send a blank email to
      red-mexicana-aventura-subscribe@egroups.com
      Member archives: <http://www.egroups.com/group/red-mexicana-aventura >

      4) Red Mexicana de Turismo
      - General tourism info about Mexico is welcome here. We especially like news
      about archaeological, cultural and gastrinomical tourism. Have a small
      hotel or restaurant. Send us the basic information! Members post
      short announcements, news, job vacancies, statistics, tourism
      development projects, etc. I receive a great deal of info from
      museums and state tourism offices. If it's not ecotourism/adventure
      tourism-related, I'll post it here. To join this list, send a blank
      email to red-mexicana-turismo-subscribe@egroups.com.
      Member archives: <http://www.egroups.com/group/red-mexicana-turismo >

      Related Planeta.com Pages:

      Planeta.com: Eco Travels in the Americas
      http://www.planeta.com

      Eco Travels in Mexico / Eco Viajes en Mexico
      http://www.planeta.com/ecotravel/mexico/mexico.html

      Environmental Travel Providers and Destinations in Mexico
      http://www.planeta.com/ecotravel/resources/mexdex.html

      Mexican Ecotourism Network/Red Mexicana de Ecotourismo
      http://www.planeta.com/ecotravel/mexico/red.html

      Mexican Ecotourism Index/Indice sobre Ecoturismo en Mexico
      http://www.planeta.com/ecotravel/mexico/mexlinks4.html

      Outline/Updates to guidebook Mexico: Adventures in Nature by Ron Mader
      http://www.planeta.com/ecotravel/search/tequila.html

      Exploring Ecotourism in the Americas
      http://www.planeta.com/ecotravel/etour.html

      Spanish Language Schools in Mexico