Re: [plagpk] Book Published

  • Haroon Idrees
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 27, 2010
      Dear Arif,
      Congrtaulations to achieve another milestone. I hope your work and progress would carry on with more energies and efficiency in the coming days.
      best wishes and regards,
      Haroon

      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 28, 2010

        dear professional AOA
        hope youir doing well , i have required research papers

        1) competence gap analysis of university student.

        2) competence required by Management science universit students in their job and what they are study does comply with it not.

        3) proffessional development of teachers or capacity building training of teachers.
        please help me this respect.
        thanks
        Naveed Ahmed
        Incharge Library
        PBS Peshawar.

      • BISMA firdos
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 26, 2010
          Asslam-oAlaikum!!!
                              Congratulations
                          to Dr. Rubina Bhatti   on her achievement i.e. (Book published)
             “Perception of Users' Education in the University Libraries of Pakistan” by Rubina Bhatti (Asst. Professor LIS Dept. IUB) has been published by German Publisher VDM Publishing House Ltd.
          Again Congratulations and May Allah bless you more & more.

          Regards:

          Hafiza Zaheer Fatima
          M. Phil student
          Dept. LIS, IUB

        • safia kokab
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 27, 2010

            congratulations to Dr.Rubina Bahtti on her achievement i.e(book published)
            Perception of Users' Education in the University Libraries of Pakistan".May Allah bless u more & more.

            Regards

            safia kokab

            Lecturer  department of library & information science

            University of sergodha.

          • ALIA ARSHAD
            Message 5 of 18 , Apr 28 2:21 AM

              Dear Professionals

              Asslam-o-Alaikum, I feel good to share that my book titled

              User's Perceptions and Expectations of Quality Library Services: A Survey of University of the Punjab's Libraries

              Alia Arshad (Author), Dr.Kanwal Ameen (Author)

              has been published by VDM. The  web link having book information is mentioned below:

              Alia Arshad
              Senior Librarian
              Punjab University Library
              University of the Punjab

            • gombak_98
              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 17, 2012
                Abdur Rahim Khan: Life and Works, compiled with an introduction by Mumtaz A. Anwar. Lahore: Knowledge and Information Management Academy, 2011. 85pp.
                This publication has been issued in memory of late Abdur Rahim Khan using digitized material and then photocopying. Publishing a regular book is very difficult these days. The purpose is to preserve his writings which were either scattered or unavailable in print form. This publication will make this material available to the professional community. It comprises of an introduction listing additional sources about him, a paper by the compiler, and nine of Abur Rahim Khan's writings.
                The price of the publication, which is based on reproduction cost only, is Rs. 190. Registered parcel post will cost an additional Rs. 60. Those who are interested in acquiring the book should contact Mr. Muhammad Shabbir (Phone 0300-940-4046).
              • gombak_98
                Message 7 of 18 , Jan 17, 2012
                  Pakistan Library Association: Proceedings of the Meetings of the Executive Council from January 1974 to February 1976 and Related Documents, compiled by Mumtaz A. Anwar. Lahore: Knowledge and Information Management Academy, 2011. 93pp.
                  It is unfortunate to place on record that PLA's original archival records, which were in large quantity, starting with papers related to the period when efforts were being made to create the association up to the end of February 1976 when the headquarter was shifted from Lahore to Islamabad seem to have been lost. These records, fully kept and preserved, moved from Karachi to Dacca to Lahore and then to Islamabad without any problem. These were not handed over to the next headquarters, i. e. Peshawar.
                  As Secretary General of the Association a second copy of the Minutes of the Executive Council were kept by the compiler for personal record. These Minutes have been digitized and reproduced in this publication. It is hoped that at least some material will be available to those who are interested in the history of PLA.
                  The price of the publication, which is based on reproduction cost only, is Rs. 190. Registered parcel post will cost an additional Rs. 60. Those who are interested in acquiring the book should contact Mr. Muhammad Shabbir (Phone 0300-940-4046
                • Nadeem Siddique
                  Message 8 of 18 , Mar 13, 2012

                    Dear Colleagues

                    I am happy to share with you that an international publisher LAP Lambert Academic Publishing has published the book of Dr. Muhammad Ramzan, Director Library, Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS).

                    “Technological Innovations in Libraries: Librarians' Attitudes toward Information Technology Application”

                    The book can be purchased through online bookstore Amazon.

                    http://www.amazon.com/Technological-Innovations-Libraries-Information-Application/dp/3847344315/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1331707407&sr=1-3

                    Best regards

                    Nadeem Siddique

                    Senior Librarian|Deputy Manager

                    Systems & Services

                    Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS)

                    Opposite: Sector "U", D. H. A, Lahore Cantt. 54792

                    Lahore, Pakistan

                    Tel: (92 42) 35608166

                    Fax: (92 42) 35898307

                    Please Join The Following Social Networks of Gad & Birgit Rausing Library

                    cid:image001.png@01CBF39C.F5C72D30  cid:image002.png@01CBF39C.F5C72D30  cid:image003.png@01CBF39C.F5C72D30  cid:image004.png@01CBF39C.F5C72D30  cid:image005.png@01CBF39C.F5C72D30

                  • muhammad ghazanfar
                    Message 9 of 18 , Mar 14, 2012

                      CONGRATULATION to Dr. Ramzan. It is very pleasant news, and contribution to literature for LIS community, especially from Dr. Ramzan, a renowned scholar, Library Expert and Scholar.
                      MUHAMMAD NAUSHAD GHAZANFAR,
                      M.Phil Student, 2011-2013, Islamia University of Bahawalpur
                      Deputy Librarian,
                      Bahauddin Zakariya University,
                      Multan.
                      Cell# 0334-6092721

                      Message 10 of 18 , Mar 14, 2012
                        Dear Dr. Ramzan Sb,

                        Please accept my heartiest congratulations regarding publishing of book by an international publisher. Most important is that now professional librarians are getting their work published and with professional busy schedule in the shape of books and articles. So all the professionals who are involved in research work, studying, improving their education and getting themselves involved in continuing education really deserve salute.

                        My best wishes for you and all such committed personalties.

                        Thanks and Regards

                        M.Shahid Soroya,

                        MLIS, LLB, M.Phil (PU) Ph.D Scholar (PU)
                        President, PULISAA 2012-14 (Elect)
                        President, Pakistan Librarians Welfare Organization
                        Treasurer, PLA, Punjab 2009-2011 (Elect)
                        Regional Librarian, AIOU, RC, Lahore
                        Visiting Faculty Member, Minhaj University, Lahore
                        SLA-PAM International Membership Award Winner 2007

                        Message 11 of 18 , Apr 10 4:32 AM

                          Dear Colleagues

                          I am happy to share with you that an international publisher LAP Lambert Academic Publishing has published another book co-authored by Dr. Muhammad Ramzan, Director Library, Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS).

                           “Bank Automation System: Analysis, Design and Implementation”

                          The book can be purchased through online bookstore Amazon.

                          http://www.amazon.com/Bank-Automation-System-Analysis-Implementation/dp/3848444097/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334057121&sr=8-1

                          Best regards

                          Nadeem Siddique

                          Senior Librarian|Deputy Manager

                          Systems & Services

                          Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS)

                          Opposite: Sector "U", D. H. A, Lahore Cantt. 54792

                          Lahore, Pakistan

                          Tel: (92 42) 35608166

                          Fax: (92 42) 35898307

                          Please Join The Following Social Networks of Gad & Birgit Rausing Library

                          cid:image001.png@01CBF39C.F5C72D30  cid:image002.png@01CBF39C.F5C72D30  cid:image003.png@01CBF39C.F5C72D30  cid:image004.png@01CBF39C.F5C72D30  cid:image005.png@01CBF39C.F5C72D30

                        • Mah-e-Bushra
                          Message 12 of 18 , Aug 30, 2012
                            AoA.
                            I am pleased to share that the book titled "Role of Pakistan Library Association in the Development of Profession by Shakeel Ahmad Khan and Dr. Rubina Bhatti (Jul 30, 2012) has been published and available at

                            I Congratulate Shakeel Khan and Dr. Rubina Bhatti for this achievement.

                            Regards
                            Mah-e-Bushra
                            Lecturer,
                            Department of Library and Information Science
                            The Islamia University of Bahawalpur, Pakistan
                          • Asif Altaf
                            Message 13 of 18 , Sep 7, 2012
                              Dear Professionals,

                              I am pleased to share with you that my book with co-authorship of Dr. Nosheen Fatima Warraich, titled "Use of Electronic Resources: A Study of University of the Punjab" (August 29, 2012) has been published from LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, Germany and its available at Amazon and other international book stores.

                              Available at : http://www.amazon.com/Use-Electronic-Resources-University-Punjab/dp/3659225614/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1346910157&sr=1-1&keywords=asif+altaf

                              Best Regards,

                              Asif Altaf
                              Librarian (Serials, Social Media & Law )
                              Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) Library
                              Opposite Sector U, DHA, Lahore-54792, Pakistan
                              Tel #: +924235608171, Ext: 8171 || Mob#:+923348830668
                              E-mail: asif.altaf@... || Website: http://library.lums.edu.pk/