HCBF Opac is on Library of Congress z39.5 Gateway

  • CH Shafiq
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2005
      Dear professionals,

      I am
      pleased to announce that Hailey College of Banking and Finance Library (Constituent College of the Punjab University) Web OPAC can now be searched through the Library of Congress z39.5 Gateway Interface http://www.loc.gov/z3950/. We have converted our Library Information Management System (LIMS) data into marc format and used Zebra Server (www.indexdata.dk).

       I am proud to mention that we are First Library of Punjab University Lahore, Pakistan and the third library in the whole South Asian region to avail this facility. Now the library catalog is available every time for search.

       We are very thankful from the soul of my heart to the motivation and help of the great supporters of Library automation in Pakistan Muhammad Ajmal Khan Secretary General Pakistan Library Automation Group and his team for their support and guidance during the implemention of this project.

       I also acknowledge the support of following personalities for the   implementation of this project.

      1. Larry E. Dixson, Network Development and MARC, Standards Office,

      LM639,Library of Congress, Washington, D.C. 20540-440
      2. Mr Mujtaba webmaster of Punjab University IT Centre.

       I request all professionals to get benefit and use this facility to boost the library profession in Pakistan.

      Thanks

      CH.SHAFIQ UR REHMAN
      SENIOR LIBRARIAN RESEARCH
      HAILEY COLLEGE OF BANKING AND FINANCE
      UNIVERSITY of the Punjab,
      1-Cust Road,Opposite university Ground,
      Lahore, Pakistan
      E-Mail:shafiq@...  hcbflibrary@...
      Phone:92-42-7248395,7243958,7323633 Ext.107 Fax:7323087
      Mobile:0333-4281699

      Discover Yahoo!