Extra charges for purchasing

  • Muhammad Rafiq
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 9, 2005

      Dear professionals,

      I have encountered a problem recently that I will share with you.

      National Textile University Library, Faisalabad purchases the books (as other libraries do), from different distributors and importers of the country.  Recently, when we ordered a book to Pak Book Corporation, Lahore... they added Rs. 100/- for postage and Rs. 25/- for Bank Charges in the bill, while other importers/ distributors do not add these charges.

      Please confirm me either your libraries are facing this problem or not. In my point of view, these charges should not be added because Ministry of Finance is already giving a good margin to them by revision of Conversion Rates on quarterly basis.

      Looking for your response in this regard.

      Thanks.

      Muhammad Rafiq
      Librarian,
      National Textile University,
      Sheikhpura Road, Faisalabad-37610
      Ph. 092-41-753743-4 Ext. 150
      Cell. 092-300-7631863
      web site: www.ntu.edu.pk

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • anjum sheikh
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 10, 2005

        Salaam

        Logically they cannot charge you for postage and bank, but if they have already mentioned in their invoice than they can charge or they r giving you special discount..

        Now here question arises do they have right to do so?

        Absolutely not�they don�t have right to charge levy.

        Like Coke price�factory is in Karachi �.but coke related products� prices are same in all over country

        Moreover, regarding �Conversion Rates on quarterly basis� that is separate issue and does not fit in your case.

        Regards

        JAS

        Muhammad Rafiq <rafiqlibrarian@...> wrote:

[...]

        Share your ideas! Pakistan Library Cooperative Group belongs to you.

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • �����Raza�`���
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 10, 2005
          Dear Mr. Rafiq,
          Pak Book Corporation is a habitual user of
          doing these things. The prices of books/journals are
          always higher than other publishers.
          Its my opinion. You people have rights not to agree
          with me.

          Regards,

          Muhammad Raza Qadeer
          Senior Librarian
          Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital & Research
          Center
          7-A, Block R-III, Johar Town, Lahore, Pakistan. POBOX
          13014
          Voice # +92-42-5180725 XX2423
          Fax # +92-42-5180754

          http://mail.yahoo.com