matter of respect and honor

  • Waseem Ahmed
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 27, 2009

      SALAM TO ALL PROFESSIONALS:

      To see salary issue, a question comes in my mind why we are facing different problems in our professional field. We have no respect in our society like, engineers, doctors, teacher or other professions. Majority of the people think we are below scale people. We are clerk or like this. Do you think who is responsible of this? Only we are not sincere with our profession and our professionals. In my view the reasons of failure of our profession are:

      Ø       Like other professions we don't respect, care and coordinate with each other. It’s my personal experience (after completion of my master degree from Punjab University ), I got a job as Asst. librarian, but my librarian boss did not want that any professional came in the library. So for that reason he always discouraged me, insulted me, given me works of library attendant like book lifting from here to there, setting of chair, insulted me many time in front of library attendants and outsiders, and never allows me to use computer or internet. He always given preference to below staff from me. It’s made me to much hurt, and many of time I wanted to leave this profession but thanks God I got a job of library officer in atomic energy  Pakistan n now satisfy.

      Ø       We are not struggling for the betterment of our new professionals. We become happy to see our professionals in low scales and never try to say authorities for their proper scales.

      Ø       For MLIS professional initial scale is BPS-17 like doctors and engineers. But no one is there for struggle. All associations and groups are just of name. Not working properly.

      Ø       We have no community like doctors, engineers and army officers. They are respecting each other and have good relation in their seniors and juniors. But in our field there is no respect no good relation. Our good relations are with our attendants, and we become happy to insult our professional colleagues in front of our lower staff.

      Ø       Lack of management. Most of us don't know how to manage libraries. Become angry at little things, and start angrily with their staff.Most of our professional don't care of proper dress, from their dressing they looks like a clerk
       i request to PLA and PAK LAG team please take proper action on these  matter.

    • rehan Ahmaf
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 28, 2009
        slam waseem bhai

            You pointed out a very reallistic question.It is reallityy that in this feild novice has to  face many probelms then other professions Specailly jealousy and discouragement from seniors in start .They dont guide them properly and even dont like to help them in job searching .so there  is no culture of respect.it is only pray to god be able us to respect each other.

        librariannnnnnnnnnn

[...]

      • agha ali hassan qizalbash
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 2009
          Assalam-o-Alaikum!!!

          Dear Waseem Abbas (Sada Khush Raho)

          The matters discussed in this mail absolutely right and this is a big dilemma for our profession that we do not coordinate with each other in a well manner, I do not why??? But I know very well that the young professionals of our profession made a big change. Isn’t??? The new and young professionals are fully equipped and skilled, and honest with their profession with discipline, self devotion and dignity. They know their destination is not beyond their access. Any how I also beg to PLA and PAK LAG that kindly do an extreme action for this issue so that we can get our real respect and honor.

          Agha Ali Hassan Qizalbash
          Librarian
          Department of Physics,
          University of the Punjab ,
          Lahore .
          Ph: 042-9231243, 9230428 (Ext-813)
          Cell: 0321-4992227

        • Muhammad Nasir Riaz
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 2, 2009
            Dear Ali Hassan

            Assalam-o-Alaikum
                         i am also incouraging you for this matter. moreover i am in Saudi Arabia and my analysis is this, that people are not really awared from new techniques and mathods, but only literate people, which are very few in numbers. i am also trying to, gathered comunity for the improvement and introducing new techniques which we learned and worked.

            Regards
            Nasir Riaz Ahmad
            Librarian
            Pakistan International School & College,Buraidah Al Qassim,K.S.A
            cell.00966-532645739

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 2, 2009
              sallam to all
                                  i also appreciate Mr.waseem who pointed out very real problems of our profession. And I request to my all professions give their comments n suggestions may be we will find its solution.
              my suggestion r
              •  Senior professional must courage  juniors n appreciate them
              •  All branches of PLA make unity with each others n play their proper role for the improvement of profession, n must play their proper role for getting our proper right n respect

                                                              Uzma Sajjad
                                                              Library Asst.
                                                   HITEC University Taxila