RE: A new professional group.

  • Muhammad Rafiq
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2004
      RE: A new professional group.

      PLAGPK's objectives are:
      "This group is developed to provide forum to the Pakistani Librarians
      interested in Information Technolgy, Latest trends in Library Science
      and Library Automation." PLAGPK's most emphasize is on information
      technology application in Libraries as well as a forum for
      professional discussion.

      While PLCG (Pakistan Library Cooperation Group) is formulated to
      focus on Library
      Administration, Library Management, Staffing, Library Cooperation,
      etc.

      This group encourages publishing:
      1. YOUR EXPERIENCES AND SUCCESS STORIES.
      2. PROBLEMS THAT PAKISTANI LIBRARIES ARE FACING AND THE SOLUTIONS.
      3. COMMON CONCERNS ABOUT THE LIS PROFESSION IN COUNTRY.
      4. IMMINENT LIBRARY PROJECTS OF THE COUNTRY.
      5. REFERENCE QUERIES AND INTER LIBRARY LOAN REQUESTS.
      6. ANNOUNCEMENT OF NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL EVENTS, CONFERENCES,
      WORKSHOPS, GRANTS, SCHOLARSHIPS, ETC.
      7. OTHER RELATED INFORMATION.

      I think, PLAGPK do not publish personal success stories, ILL
      requests, etc.
      I have posted a message in March/ April 2004
      "What role OCLC and IFLA can play for the promotion of LIS profession
      and practices in Pakistan?" This question was intended to get the
      useful suggestions for my Fellowship Program of OCLC/ IFLA Early
      Career Development Fellowship. But unfortunately it was not posted. I
      have reposted it but in vain, Why?

      That's the reason I have formulated a group that will post related
      messages and information regardless of any person or organization
      that will be in interest of LIS community.

      Thanks and regards.

      Muhammad Rafiq
      Moderator, Pakistan Library Cooperation Group
      www.groups.yahoo.com/group/libcoop
    • farhat abbas
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 5, 2004

        Note: forwarded message attached.