Re: Article of Dr. Muhammad Ramzan

  • Anwar Ejaz
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2004
      Dear colleagues

      Its quite unfortunate that the practice of criticising the personalities is going on here on the list.

      Starting a debate on the educational degrees of any professional colleague is unethical and irrelevent. There are certain quarters who have the responsibility to evaluate and accredit the foreign degrees, let them do so. We should only focus the issues of collective interest. Instead of commenting on the article, merely criticising its author is not a good practice.

      We all know very well that how many of us dare to write about librarianship in Pakistan. If someone makes an attemp and his/her article is published in an international or national journal, it should be a precedence for other, not just criticism for the sake of criticism.

      Anwar Ejaz
      Hamdard University
      Islamabad Campus
    • jawad khan
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 30, 2004
        i had been working with dr. ramzan for almost 3 years
        in GIKI. i know him very well. he is very talented,
        hardworking and having an outstanding managerial and
        administrative and analytical skills.

        i agree with the coments of mr. ejaz of humdard
        university, that let the concern instiutes be done
        their work-its their responsibility to adjudge.

        Furthermore mr. ramzan sb in my openion is a prominent
        figure in library & information science. He is
        personality having full of qualities, we shold
        appreciate such efforts not discourage its my humble
        request to all.
        --- Anwar Ejaz <ejaz@...> wrote:

        > Dear colleagues
        >
        > Its quite unfortunate that the practice of
        > criticising the personalities is going on here on
        > the list.
        >
        > Starting a debate on the educational degrees of any
        > professional colleague is unethical and irrelevent.
        > There are certain quarters who have the
        > responsibility to evaluate and accredit the foreign
        > degrees, let them do so. We should only focus the
        > issues of collective interest. Instead of commenting
        > on the article, merely criticising its author is not
        > a good practice.
        >
        > We all know very well that how many of us dare to
        > write about librarianship in Pakistan. If someone
        > makes an attemp and his/her article is published in
        > an international or national journal, it should be a
        > precedence for other, not just criticism for the
        > sake of criticism.
        >
        > Anwar Ejaz
        > Hamdard University
        > Islamabad Campus

        =====
        Mr. Jawad M. Khan
        National University of Sciences & Tech,
        College of Aeronautical Engg, Risalpur Cantt, N.W.F.P.
        Pakistan
        tel no.(off)092-923-631391-7 Ext 529,
        fax No.(off)092-931-73294
        tel No. (res) 092-921-644341, 0300-5731691

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush
      • nadeem butt
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 30, 2004
          Dear All
          I request you all sensible that this site is for the professional welbeing of librarianship and LIBRARIANS.Please don't misuse the opportunity,far OR against any professional colleague.Each and every professional is equally honourable.
          Thanking you all.

          Nadeem Butt
          Librarian,
          Institute of Communication Technologies-PTCL
          Plot No.19 Sector H/9-1,
          Islamabad (Pakistan)
          Phone:+92-051-4442689

          http://mail.yahoo.com