Re: [plagpk] plz send me interview tips!!!!!

  • adnan adil
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2008
      Hello Members,

      Perhaps following links will help a bit for young Graduates...

      for good Interview, please visit this link to see video

      for other aspects of good interview, please visit

      You can also search for more videos on Youtube.

      Cheers & best of luck to all Job Seekers

      Syed Adnan Adil,
      Information Consultant,
      University of Hertfordshire,
      U.K.

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2008

                            Interview Tips

        ·         Beginning the Interview

        ·         Greet the interviewer standing up, with a strong handshake, good eye contact and a smile. Try not to turn your back to the interviewer to close the door – keep your body language open, and retain the connection. Follow the lead of the interviewer – small talk/direct approach

        During the Interview:

        ·         Listen – carefully to the introduction and to every question

        ·         Clarify - Answer the question that is asked, not what you wish was asked! Ask for clarification if you are unsure

        ·         Detail – do not rush through your answers, give sufficient detail

        ·         Examples – Give concrete examples where possible

        ·         Relax – try not to sound to rehearsed

        Body Language:

        ·         Eye contact – strong and effective, natural and interested

        ·         Affirmation – nods, and agreement where necessary. Show that you are listening

        ·         Seating position – avoid barriers if possible (e.g. tables)

        ·         Comfortable – sit in a comfortable position, but not TOO relaxed, (e.g. Legs crossed)

        ·         Positive & Open – non defensive stance: Do not cross your arms, do not wring your hands, face the interviewer, cross your legs towards the interviewer if at all, use your hands to be expressive

        ·         Sitting forward/ Sitting back – Affirmation

        Questions:

        ·         Ask some questions at the end of the interview

        ·         Listen to the answers

        Right Impression Tips

        Before the interview stage, you create the right impression by

        ·         How you Make Contact – Telephone, Email, Walk – in

        ·         Interaction with others – PA, Office Manager – They may have input!

        ·         CV/ Resume – Creates an important impression, and may be the first impression.

        ·         Arranging Interview – be flexible, but also ensure that the time does suit you. You do not want to be under additional pressures

        Research:

        ·         The company

        ·         The industry

        ·         The competition

        ·         Ask the Recruitment Consultant for as much info as possible

        ·         Internet research Into other similar positions

        ·         Networking

        The Role:

        ·         Research the position

        ·         Ask the Recruitment Consultant for as much info as possible – have other candidates been rejected, what questions have been asked in interview, what is the employer looking for in interview, do they know the interviewer?

        ·         Ask the HR Manager for job description & specification

        ·         Ask if there will be any additional assessments on the day and if you need to bring anything with you

        Resume:

        Review your CV - This is the only info the Recruiter has about you so far. Compare against the job spec – identify your areas of strength and weakness. Preempt questions that the employer may have about your CV – are the dates clear, info on previous companies.

        Questions:

        ·         Prepare questions for your employer about the company/ role.

        Question Tips

        Some Typical interview questions,

        ·         Tell me about yourself – be prepared, not too much not too little, focus on the professionally positive always..

        ·         Why did you leave your last position/ company – stay positive always!!

        ·         What do you know about our company – show that you have done your homework

        ·         Why do you want to work here – what can you offer them, what can they offer you. What are your goals?

        ·         What are your strengths and weaknesses – honest & positive

        ·         What has been your most significant achievement?

        ·         How would your last boss describe you – do not go over the top!

        ·         Why should we hire you – what can you offer them

        ·         What are your salary requirements – be confident but not pushy

        with regards

        Maria Bashir

        National Library UET.LHR.