Re: [plagpk] Free full text access of IFLA Journal

  • Dr. Khalid Mahmood
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 9, 2008
      Free full text access to IFLA Journal is also provided at IFLA Website:

      http://www.ifla.org/V/iflaj/index.htm

      Khalid Mahmood

      > Dear Professionals,
      >
      > Sage publications provide free full text access of all their publications
      > till 31st October.
      >
      > Only simple registration is required to get the full text access of all
      > sage publications including IFLA Journal. The link of IFLA Journal at Sage
      > http://ifl.sagepub.com/
      >

      > Regards,
      >
      > G. Farooque Channar
      > Deputy Librarian,
      > QUEST, Nawabshah, Sindh
      > Tel. 0244-9370387

    • Maqsood Shaheen
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 30, 2008
        Dear PLAGers,

        Please circulate the following announcement to the LIS students.

        DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO - 1 FEBRUARY 2009 - for
        the 2009 Asian Chapter/ Science Technology Division Student Award - to
        attend The Special Libraries Association (SLA) Conference in
        Washington, DC, USA, June 14-17 2009

        ------------------------------ -------
         2009 Asian Student Awards to attend Special Libraries Association
        (SLA) Conference in Washington, DC, USA, June 14-17 2009

        In 2009 SLA Asian Chapter will be offering an Award jointly with
        Science-Technology (ST) Division of SLA.

         The award will be US$1800 to cover the costs of attending the 2009
        SLA Annual Conference (conference registration, hotel lodging, economy
        return airfare to Washington D.C. and other related costs) for the
        successful applicant. The award will be formally acknowledged in
        Washington D.C. at the Science-Technology Division's Award Ceremony.

         Eligibility; All applicants must

         *       Have an excellent command of written and spoken English,

         *       Be enrolled in an accredited Master level LIS programme in
        Asia during academic year 2008-09

         *       Be eligible to travel to the USA

         *       Be interested in a career in special librarianship,
        preferably with a focus on working in a science technology
        environment.

         *       Be a first-time attendee at an SLA conference

         Application Procedure

         Write a two part essay, in English, of approximately 500 words, which:

         1.      Tells us why you chose to enroll in a graduate/master LIS
        programme and what you hope to do with your degree and especially why
        you might wish to work in Science-Technology area.

         2.      Addresses one of the following three topics:

         A.      What skills must the new information professional possess and why?

         B.      What is the biggest challenge facing the profession, in
        general, and information professionals in your country, in particular?

         C.      What benefits/knowledge do you hope to gain from attending
        the 2009 SLA conference? (Do not describe what you will do during the
        conference).

         Include a letter of recommendation, which explains why you would be a
        good candidate for this award. The recommendation may come from either
        a faculty advisor in your programme, or an SLA member who knows you
        well.  Include a copy of your most current CV with your current postal
        and email address and telephone number.

         All documents must be prepared in Microsoft Word and must be e-mailed
        no later than 1 February 2009 to:

        Scott Davidson, Award Chair, SLA Asian Chapter at
        <scottjdavidson@...>, Debal C. Kar, President, SLA Asian Chapter
        <dckar@..., and Sheila Rosenthal, Chair of the DST Awards
        Committee at <slr@...>. Notification of award status will be
        made in March 2009.

        For further information about the Science-Technology  Division, which
        is co-sponsoring the Award, you may consult their website at
        http://units.sla.org/division/ dst/

        Post Award Requirements

         The recipients of the 2009 Asian student award will write a brief
        article, in English, on their conference experience for publication in
        the autumn 2009 issues of the SLA Asian Chapter Newsletter and for the
        Science-Technology Division's newsletter, Sci-Tech News.

         1.      The 2009 Award Winner will be asked to maintain contact with
        the SLA Asian Chapter Board during the year of their Award.

         2.      Recipient will be asked to serve on a Science-Technology
        Division Committee of their choice.

         SLA Board Members and Members of the Science & Technology Division
        will be appointed as contacts, before, during and following the
        conference.

        Debal C. Kar,
        President, SLA Asian Chapter

      • said shah babar
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 12, 2009
          Respected Sir,

                              I m Librarian in  Balochistan University and got registrartion for M.Phil in Library Science. but there is no course work out line in our university and I facing very problem becouse of this.

                               Therefore you are requested for cooporiton in this regard please,

                                Thank you.

          Said Shah babar
          saidshah.babar@...
          Cell # 03337814827