Guest Editorial of PAK-LIS News, August 2003

  • rafiqlibrarian
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 25, 2003
      Dr. G. A. Sabzwari's guest editorial in PAK-LIS News, August 2003,
      really impressed me. I am sorry to see that no person responded upon
      the Guest Editorial of Dr. G. A. Sabzwari.
      These are the feelings of young professionals that Dr. Sabzwari
      presented. I think this is the time, LIS profession in our country is
      looking for new dimensions and role of professionals. The senior
      professionals should initiate to call for professional zeal and zest
      and to set aside their personal differences and to do their best for
      the promotion of LIS in Pakistan. I have talked to many professionals
      especially new professionals, they are hopeless and feel that their
      seniors did not play their role well.
      However it is the time to take proper decisions especially from
      seniors' side. LIS Departments in different universities may play an
      important role and provide platforms for career development of young
      professionals. Workshops and new courses may be offered to the
      professionals for their career development. I am sure that Grants may
      be got to sponsor the research projects in the country especially
      with joint research projects with foreign universities/
      organizations. This will provide the unique opportunity to the
      professionals to enhance their knowledge and skills and to accelerate
      for the promotion of LIS practices.
      Comments and suggestions are needed.
      Thanks for your time.

      Muhammad Rafiq,