PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION ALLOWANCE TO THE LIBRARIANS

  • JAVED IQBAL
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2008
      Assalam-o-Alaikum,

      Reference O.M. No. F. (28)- R, 3/84 Dated 02-12-1985 issued by Finance Division, Govt. of Pakistan the LIBRARIANS have been placed/included in the technical & professional categories like Charted Accountants, Engineers, Scientists, Statisticians, Electronic Data Processing Personnel/Computer Personal etc.  These all-professional categories except Librarians are benefited in one form or other by getting professional/technical allowance at various rate for example in “ Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission” all the professionals are drawing 30 % professional qualification allowance/ technical allowance and recently the administration personnel possessing MBA even MPA/MAS have also been granted this allowance w.e.f. 15 February 2006. Only the librarians have been deprived of this right of Librarians whereas the librarians are also accepted as professional category vide above referred O.M. of Finance Div.

      In this regard all the Library Professionals are requested to process the case through their respective departments individually or with the cooperation of PLA. If the professional qualification allowance is given to the Librarians at any department, so please inform, this will support the case of those Librarians who are deprived of this right.

      The specimen of application/note and other related 6 annexure are attached for reference.

      With best regards,

      (JAVED IQBAL)
      Senior Library Assistant
      Scientific Information Div.,
      PINSTECH, PAEC,
      P.O. Nilore, Islamabad.
      Cell. 0300-5196909

    • Haroon Idrees
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2008
        Dear Mr. Javed Iqbal and all professional colleagues & Associations,
        AOA
        This is very important issue and we work together for this right, I hope we shall be able to get benefited insha Allah. Some practical proposal line of action should be forwarded in this regard from some quarter.
        Best Regards,
        Haroon

        JAVED IQBAL <javedkahoot@...> wrote:
        Dear Professionals,
[...]

        Senior Librarian,
        Islamic Research Institute,
        International Islamic University,
        Islamabad, Pakistan
        Contact: +92-333-436-3995

      • JAVED IQBAL
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 8, 2008
          Jawad M. Khan
          Library Officer
          National University of Sciences & Tech,
          College of Aeronautical Engg, Risalpur Cantt, N.W.F.P.
          Dear Sir,
          Thanks for your email. Firstly, it is to inform you that we have not yet been granted this allowance, however we are going to process the case at our HQ. I have already attached the same note as Annex. (Appl.Specimen). You can see it by downloading the PDF file.

          Secondly, the letter which referred and stats that this allowance may invariably be given to MLISC/PG -LIS at par with MBA/MPA/MAS. The same letter is from Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission, The copy of this letter has already been attached as Annex.A, which
          is self explanatory. Once again, all the references are attached.

          With best regards,

          (JAVED IQBAL)
          Senior Library Assistant
          Scientific Information Div.,
          PINSTECH, PAEC,
          P.O. Nilore, Islamabad.
          Cell. 0300-5196909
          ******************************
          jawad khan <jawad_mkhan@...> wrote:
          my dear javed qbal sb

          you have attached a no of letters for reference
          purposes. can you please tell me :

          do you have been extended with this allowance.

          the letter which stats that this allowance may
          inveriably be given to MLISC/PG -LIS at par with
          MBA/MPA/MAS. this letter is from which
          deptt/organization. because thire is no file no and
          date and signatures.

          ur reply will be appreciated.

          > Reference O.M. No. F. (28)- R, 3/84 Dated
          > 02-12-1985 issued by Finance Division, Govt. of
          > Pakistan the LIBRARIANS have been placed/included in
          > the technical & professional categories like Charted
          > Accountants, Engineers, Scientists, Statisticians,
          > Electronic Data Processing Personnel/Computer
          > Personal etc. These all-professional categories
          > except Librarians are benefited in one form or other
          > by getting professional/technical allowance at
          > various rate for example in “ Pakistan Atomic Energy
          > Commission” all the professionals are drawing 30 %
          > professional qualification allowance/ technical
          > allowance and recently the administration personnel
          > possessing MBA even MPA/MAS have also been granted
          > this allowance w.e.f. 15 February 2006. Only the
          > librarians have been deprived of this right of
          > Librarians whereas the librarians are also accepted
          > as professional category vide above referred O.M. of
          > Finance Div.
          >
          > In this regard all the Library Professionals are
          > requested to process the case through their
          > respective departments individually or with the
          > cooperation of PLA. If the professional
          > qualification allowance is given to the Librarians
          > at any department, so please inform, this will
          > support the case of those Librarians who are
          > deprived of this right.
          >
          > The specimen of application/note and other related
          > 6 annexure are attached for reference.
          >
          > With best regards,
          >
          > (JAVED IQBAL)
          > Senior Library Assistant
          > Scientific Information Div.,
          > PINSTECH, PAEC,
          > P.O. Nilore, Islamabad.
          > Cell. 0300-5196909
          >

          > ---------------------------------
          >

          > Haroon Idrees
          > Senior Librarian,
          > Islamic Research Institute,
          > International Islamic University,
          > Islamabad, Pakistan
          > Contact: +92-333-436-3995
          >

          > ---------------------------------

          JAWAD M KHAN
          Library Officer
          National University of Sciences & Tech,
          College of Aeronautical Engg, Risalpur Cantt, N.W.F.P.
          Pakistan
          tel no.(off)092-923-631391-7 Ext (OFF )7617, 5441
          fax No.(off)092-931-873294
          tel No. (res) 092-91-6644341, 0300-5731691

          Be a better friend, newshound, and

        • JAVED IQBAL
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 8, 2008
            Mr.Jawad M. Khan
> [...]

            > (JAVED IQBAL)
            > Senior Library Assistant
            > Scientific Information Div.,
            > PINSTECH, PAEC,
            > P.O. Nilore, Islamabad.
            > Cell. 0300-5196909
            >

            > ---------------------------------
            >

            > Haroon Idrees
            > Senior Librarian,
            > Islamic Research Institute,
            > International Islamic University,
            > Islamabad, Pakistan
            > Contact: +92-333-436-3995
            >

            > ---------------------------------

            JAWAD M KHAN
            Library Officer
            National University of Sciences & Tech,
            College of Aeronautical Engg, Risalpur Cantt, N.W.F.P.
            Pakistan
            tel no.(off)092-923-631391-7 Ext (OFF )7617, 5441
            fax No.(off)092-931-873294
            tel No. (res) 092-91-6644341, 0300-5731691

          • Niaz Khan
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 29, 2008
              Thank you Dear JAVED IQBAL and Nadeem Raza

              Your suggestion to fight for the professional allowance via PLA Pakistan in SUPARCO like organizations throughout the country where LIS degree holders have not been considered as professionals in the concerned organisation policies is very very appreciated.

              In this regrad PLA simply circulate a letter with these proofs to the heads of these organisations for informing the concerned admin to consider the LIS degree as professional/technical degree.

              And the librarians/ info. officers serving these organizations may forward their head's postal addresses to PLA nominated person.

              Now waiting for PLA admin reply to nominate a person for accomulating addresses as mentioned above.

                     Niaz
              M.L.I.Sc
                Cell Head/Asst.Manager
              SUPARCO -Pakistan
              Ph:+92-42-5436520  Ext.4358
              Cell:0322-2730639

              i am forwarding you required documents as an attachment hopefully it will fullfil your requirement. and wish you good luck if these documents will help you in getting professional qualification allowance

              Nadeem Raza
              Sr. Librarian
              University of the Punjab
              Gujranwala Campus, Gujranwala
              PH: 055-9201361 Cell: 0321/0333 (8141615)

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 31, 2008
                slam all

                respected
                i want to know whether here is any movement in punjab university for professional qualification allowance for librarians?if some one knows any thing pls let me know.
                regards?

                PU librarian

              • Muhammad Ahsan Tahami
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 12, 2009
                  Dear JAVED IQBAL,

                  Thank you for the contribution. Please send the image of the
                  notification to me for up loading on the PLA Punjab web so that
                  availabilty and print can be accessible easly.

                  --- In plagpk@yahoogroups.com, Niaz Khan <niazmlisc1999@...> wrote:

                  > Thank you Dear JAVED IQBAL and Nadeem Raza
                  >
                  > Your suggestion to fight for the professional allowance via PLA
                  Pakistan in SUPARCO like organizations throughout the country where
                  LIS degree holders have not been considered as professionals in the
                  concerned organisation policies is very very appreciated.

                  > In this regrad PLA simply circulate a letter with these proofs to
                  the heads of these organisations for informing the concerned admin to
                  consider the LIS degree as professional/technical degree.

                  > And the librarians/ info. officers serving these organizations may
                  forward their head's postal addresses to PLA nominated person.

                  > Now waiting for PLA admin reply to nominate a person for
                  accomulating addresses as mentioned above.

                  >        Niaz M.L.I.Sc   Cell Head/Asst.Manager
                  > SUPARCO -Pakistan
                  > Ph:+92-42-5436520  Ext.4358 Cell:0322-2730639

                  LIBRARIANS
                  > To: niazmlisc1999@...
                  > Date: Monday, December 29, 2008, 5:02 PM
                  >
                  > Aslam-o-alikum
                  > i am forwarding you required documents as an attachment hopefully
                  it will fullfil your requirement. and wish you good luck if these
                  documents will help you in getting professional qualification
                  allowance

                  > Nadeem Raza
                  > Sr. Librarian
                  > University of the Punjab
                  > Gujranwala Campus, Gujranwala
                  > PH: 055-9201361 Cell: 0321/0333 (8141615)
                  > www.pugc.edu.pk

                  LIBRARIANS