Most Comprehensive Search Engine for Scientific Information

  • Naveed Ul Haq Hashmi <hashmi52250@yahoo.
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2003
      Dear Professionals
      I have used this search Engine many a time for answering reference
      queries by my patrons and every time I found it very useful. It
      provides list of keywords found in the results. you can add these
      keywords to refine your search and to find most relevant information
      on specific topics.
      About Scirus
      Scirus is the most comprehensive science-specific search engine
      available on the Internet. Driven by the latest search engine
      technology, it enables scientists, students and anyone searching for
      scientific information to chart and pinpoint data, locate university
      sites and find reports and articles quickly and easily. It was
      launched by Elsevier Science, the leading international publisher of
      scientific information.
      Content Coverage by Scirus.
      Scirus returns results from the whole Worldwide Web, including access-
      controlled sites. It currently covers 120 million science-related Web
      pages, including:

      • 45 million .edu sites
      • 14.8 million .org sites
      • 5.5 million .ac.uk sites
      • 18 million .com sites
      • 4.7 million .gov sites
      In addition to Web pages, Scirus indexes the following journal
      sources:
      • 12.65 million MEDLINE citations
      • 2.35 million ScienceDirect full-text articles
      • 1 million patents from the USPTO
      • 675,000 Beilstein abstracts
      • 217,000 e-prints on E-Print ArXiv
      • 10,600 NASA technical reports
      • 1,530 e-prints on CogPrints
      • 1,070 BioMed Central full text articles
      • 750 preprints from the Mathematics Preprint Server
      • 558 preprints from the Chemistry Preprint Server
      • 343 preprints from the Computer Science Preprint Server

      You can limit your search only for any particular scientific
      discpline like Computer Science,Engineering, Energy and Technology,
      Physics, Mathematics, Medicine, etc.

      Naveed Ul Haq Hashmi
      Library Administrator
      The City-APIIT,