Re: [librarianwelfare] PLA Golden Jubilee Conference

  • Azra Rafique
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2007
      Respected professionals,
      A-O-A
      Well said by Mr. Shahid Sorroya. I not only fully support his statement/ comments but want to add more that if there were any deficiency, it was not due to mismanagement. The response of our professionals was more than expectations of organizers. I think, it is a success of organizers who made this event not only attractive, but also informative. All the teams involved in organizing, deserve appraisals and congratulations. WELDON PLA PUNJAB BRANCH. PRAYING FOR MORE SUCCESS AND UPLIFT OF OUR PROFESSION.

      Shahid Soroya <shahidsoroya@...> wrote:
      Dear All Professionals,

      Dear Professionals,

      I would like to discuss the detail of PLA Golden
      Jubilee International Conference held on 28-29
      Nov.2007. I think, the day when PLA Punjab decided to
      organize this conference, nobody was expecting such an
      overwhelming response from the librarians all across
      the country. The way it was organized in such a
      limited time period, PLA Punjab made it history and
      certainly deserve congratulations.

      We must acknowledge the efforts of all those who
      worked day and night for its success. We should
      appreciate the team leaders, Dr. Kanwal Ameen, Mr
      Ahsan and Mr. Anwar, their vision and vigorous efforts
      made it possible. The event was well supported by the
      PLA committees and Punjab University devoted students.

      PLA members who traveled from NWFP, Balochistan, Sindh
      and Punjab made it a historical event. Although John
      Feather, UK, Dr. Sajjad and Dr. Sattar could not reach
      but Dr. Mumtaz Anwar, Dr. Shaheen Majeed and Jagtar
      Singh covered their missing.

      Off course, place for improvement is always there, but
      we should forget about some mistakes in arrangements
      as with the organization of such Conferences, we shall
      learn. I am confident that next will be more
      organized. For me most encouraging thing is
      librariansÂ’ turnover which was very much positive and
      more than the organizers were expecting. It simply
      means that people want to learn and participate in
      healthy activities.

      Now most important and challenging thing before PLA
      Punjab and other bodies is to capitalize the outcome
      of this Conference and should try to solve the
      problems of librarians.

      Regards,

      Shahid Soroya

      Be a better pen pal.