RE: [plagpk] Progressive Librarians Panel for PLA Federal Branch
Is there another panel too? Lets see their names. Azra Qureshi
From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf Of Rana Muhammad Iqbal
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2007 12:27 PM
Subject: [plagpk] Progressive Librarians Panel for PLA Federal Branch
Kindly have a Look on the following panel for PLA federal branch from the "Progressive Librarians" then its your choice to elect those who are capable and dependable to serve the community in the accomplishment of its objectives. Being the highly educated constituency, Librarians are supposed to decide their association' s future only on the merit of professional competency, honesty, professional services, presentation skills, leadership talent and sincerity of the candidates. After having master degree and working as custodian of knowledge, we are not expected to vote on the basis of race, sect or other negative groupings.
Librarians can decide the fate of any candidate or panel either through their ballot or through their positive consensus. Therefore nobody have the right to make the "healthy competition" necessary, only to satisfy his/ her ego. If our community still agrees on a panel capable and committed enough to serve this neglected but noble profession, I shall be the first who 'll leave the way for the deserving one.
1. President: Zafar Javaid Naqvi (MLIS-KU) Chief, Library and Documentation, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics(PIDE) , Islamabad .
2. VP: Iqrar Hussain Sheikh (MLS-IUB, MPhil-AIOU) : Assistant Director, Islamabad Public Library, NLP, G-8 Islamabad
3. Secretary: Rana Muhammad Iqbal (MLS-PU, MIT-PU), Library Specialist, Planning Commission, Islamabad .
4. Assistant Secretary: Atta-ur-Rehman (MLIS-PU, MCS-CBA), Manager AHKIRC, National Rural Support Program, Islamabad .
5. Treasurer: Basharat Hafeez (MLIS-Peshawar Uni, MBA-Continued ), Librarian, AIOU, Islamabad .
Members Executive Council
1. Raja M. Ibrahim, COMSATS
2. Tariq Hashmi, SZABIST
3. Sayeda Talat Yasmin, IPRI
4. Farasat Shafiullah, Bahria University
5. Amjid Majeed, National Library of Pakistan
6. M. Afzal Ch. Supreme Court
7. Dildar Ahamad Dil, M/O Finance
8. M. Akram Zia Federal Shariat Court
Want to start your own business? Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
- Dear Madam
A group with the name "Revival Group" has alraedy been announced. This group
consists of LIS professionals from all sectors of community. Please see
attached list of panel and our manifesto,
Muhammad Sajid Mirza
International Islamic University