Re: LIBCOOP PCLA Updates 06/10/2013 - Punjab Education Minister announced approval of 4-Tier Sercive Structure

  • Masood Farid Chishty
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2013
      One of the constructive moves toward historical achievement. Keep it up PCLA. May ALLAH bless us.

      V/r

      Masood Farid Chishty

      Subject: LIBCOOP PCLA Updates 06/10/2013 - Punjab Education Minister announced approval of 4-Tier Sercive Structure
      To: libcoop@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, October 6, 2013, 10:34 PM

             PRESS RELEASE
      LAHORE,
      October 9, 2013: Punjab Education Minister Rana Mashhood
      Ahmad Khan
        today, in a high-level meeting, formally announced the
      approval of the
      4_tier Service Structure Grade 17-20 for College Librarians
      of Punjab.

      Talking
      to the media, the  important Govt. officials and
      members of Punjab
      College Libraries Association (PCLA), the Education Minister Rana Mashhood Ahmad
      Khan
        said that his Government is fully aware of the  important
      role
      of libraries and librarians in the process of educating the
      young
      students in Colleges and we understand that the current
      challenges of
      information technology have made this role much more
      important and
      powerful.  Among others, present were,Ms. Tahia Noon,
      MPA, Secretary Higher Education Dr. Sohail Shahzad,
      Additional Secretary, Mr. Waqas Ali, Deputy Secretary Mr.
      Muhammad
      Arshad, and PCLA Representatives President Mr. Rafique
      Shahid Bhutta,
      Dr. Iqbal Hussain Asad and Mrs. Bushra Almas Jaswal.

      Secretary
      Higher Education, Dr. Sohail Shahzad emphasized that
      approval of the
      new Service Structure  will strengthen the education system
      by
      improving the status College Librarians in Punjab. Our next
      step will
      be to strengthen the College Libraries. So that even in
      small far
      off cities of Punjab,  Librarian can effectively support us

      produce information literate students who are strong enough
      to take
      up the challenges of Information age.

      Mr. Rafique Shahid
      Bhutta President
      PCLA said that the up gradation of Punjab College
      Librarians'
      positions into a 4-tier Service Structure is a result of
      19-years
      long struggle of College Librarians, under the banner of
      PCLA. Many
      of us have retired without taking benefit of this
      development. But,
      this is a major step forward towards a better status for
      next
      generations of librarians. He said we should remember with
      gratitude,

      our friends, colleagues and allies from past till present
      who
      volunteered their time, effort and money for this cause.

      Dr.
      Iqbal Hussaian Asad said we especially mention the services
      of Rana
      Jamaat
      Ali, Late Madam Farkhanda Lodhi, Mr. Abdul Majeed Sajid for
      their
      services
      in the past. Our heartfelt thanks and candid prayers are for
      them and
      special thanks to our colleagues Mr. Saeed Ghafoor, Mr.
      Ishfaq Rasheed,
      Madam Bushra Almas
      Jaswal, Mr. Imtiaz Qureshi, Mr. Allah Ditta, Mr. Muhammad
      Akram Kamboo,
      Finance Secretary PCLA,

      Mian Nazir Ahmad and all our College
      Librarians of Punjab, who worked with us and stood with us
      with full
      confidence and support.

      Madam
      Bushra Jaswal said,
      PCLA has been struggling  for this
      cause for so many years. Many Govts. came in and went out,
      but Allah has given the honor of this historic
      landmark attainment to the credit of   Minister Rana Mashhood Ahmad
      Khan and the present Govt. of Mian Shahbaz Sharif.
      Our heartfelt gratitude to all members of Ministry
      of Education Punjab and Secretariat of Punjab for their support and cooperation
      in the past and in future.
      By: Bushra A.
      Jaswal

       ------- :)

      ~~! Join
      PCLAConnect
      Here !~~to remain
      informed about latest developments and updates on Revised
      Service Structure and Service Rules for Punjab College
        Librarians.Bushra Almas Jaswal
      Chief Librarian & Associate Professor,
        Ewing Memorial Library,
        Forman Christian College (a Chartered University), Feroze
      Pur Road, Lahore
      Phone 9231581-8, Ext-325
      E-mail: bushrajaswal@... or
      bushra.jaswal@...