Training on KOHA & DSPACE

  • javed iqbal
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2013
    Dear all
    It gives me a great pleasure to share the information that HEC competent authority has approved 05 days training workshop on the subject. The training will be held in HEC (LI) department from 16-09-2013 to 20-09-2013. List of selected Librarians (participants) is attached herewith. Official letters via surface mail as well as email will be sent very soon. Training schedule is also attached herewith. TA/DA will be provided to the candidates of AJK.
    This is a  series of training and in first phase, participants have been selected from ICT and AJK. We have a plan to extend it to all regional headquarters Inshallah. I would like to anticipate Azeem Khan Marwat and Hafiz Habib ur Rahman who motivated me for this training.
    I hope this training will be very helpful for union catalogue which is the main target of this training.
     Training Coordinator
    Muhammad Javed Iqbal
    Director Library
    HEC, Sector H-9,
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Email: mjiqbal@...
    Off: +92-51-90401912

  • Zahid Iqbal
    Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2013
      Good initiative by HEC and the library department.

      Jazak Allah

      Zahid Iqbal
      Information services Department
      Incharge City Campus Library
      Riphah International University
      Islamabad
      0315-5360090
      Skype: kashan.zahid
      zahid.iqbal@...
      kashan.zahid@...

      Message 3 of 5 , Sep 3, 2013
        Respected Sir

        This is a great opportunity for all the librarians.But Alaas!I came to know later.Please if any selected participants couldn't attend the training, May i attend this training? I hope that you will not refuse. Thanks a lot.

        Farah Yousaf
        Librarian (NCHD)

        --- In plagpk@yahoogroups.com, Zahid Iqbal <kashan.zahid@...> wrote:

        > Good initiative by HEC and the library department.
        >
        > Jazak Allah
        >
        > Zahid Iqbal
        > Information services Department
        >
        > Incharge City Campus Library
        > Riphah International University
        > Islamabad
        > 0315-5360090
        > Skype: kashan.zahid
        > zahid.iqbal@...
        > kashan.zahid@...
        >

        > ________________________________

      • jawad Khan
        Message 4 of 5 , Sep 3, 2013

          Pakistan is a  third world and an under-developed  country,we need to save our economic resources on micro level which will boost our economy with such like efforts on national level. we need to go for free and open source softwares with little modifications keeping inview Pakistani environment. I have experience with koha for the last 3 years; i would suggest to modify/customize for efficient and effective utilization and saving of time and efforts of library staff.

          Inorder to plan for a longer and sustaining  benefits of automation and digitization;  HEC has a potential to customize this library database though their DBAs

          this is a very good and wonder full initiative. all Pakistan libraries will be connected with free and open source database. this will help in organizing, managing, digitizing and dissemination of resources.

          with the adoption of the koha and dspace, all libraries will be on the same database, so resource sharing, inter-library loan and
          experience sharing will be an added advantage.

          surely this will give a boost and impetus to the libraries and its readers. this will be helpful in maximizing use of resources available within Pakistan libraries.

          i think it will be a paradigm shift.

          HEC would be greatly appreciated to manage the workshops for all Pakistan libraries phasewise and do not abandon the project until completion.

          Wish you best of luck.

          JAWAD M KHAN
          DEPUTY DIRECTOR LIBRARY /IT COORDINATOR
          MLISC, DIT, MBA
          NUST CAE RISALPUR 03005731691/ 03423469088

          Please consider your environmental responsibility. Before printing this e-mail message, ask yourself whether you really need a hard copy.

          Message 5 of 5 , Sep 12, 2013
          Dear All
          Assalam-o-Alaikum

          Reference to below email, I shall publish confirmed list of candidates after approval from authority today. Many candidates are asking about the registration fee. I would like to inform all that there is no registration fee, HEC will provide every thing related to workshop.

          Training Coordinator
          Muhammad Javed Iqbal
          Director Library
          HEC, Sector H-9,