Paper Published

  • Muhammad Ijaz Mairaj
    Message 1 of 25 , Aug 18, 2013
      Dear Colleagues - AOA
      Pleased to share with you recently published my following paper.

      Mairaj, M. I. & Naseer, M. M. (2013). Library services and user satisfaction in developing countries: a case study. Health Information & Libraries Journal [Impact Factor: 0.662]

      Regards
      DR. MUHAMMAD IJAZ MAIRAJ
      Librarian
      Punjab Institute of Cardiology
      Lahore, Pakistan
      HEC Approved PhD Supervisor
      Cell: +92-333-4338321

    • Muhammad Asif Naveed
      Message 2 of 25 , Sep 19, 2013
        Dear All,

        I am pleased to share with you the publication of my article in Malaysian Journal of Library and Information Science (Impact Factor 0.423).

        Naveed, M. A., & Anwar, M. A. (2013). Agricultural information of Pakistani farmers. MJLIS, 18(3), 13 - 23.
        Available at: http://ejum.fsktm.um.edu.my/VolumeListing.aspx?JournalID=3
        Regards:
        Asif Naveed
        Doctoral Student
        DLIS, PU, Lahore.

      • Dr. Khalid Mahmood
        Message 3 of 25 , Sep 19, 2013
          Congratulations. Another feather in the cap of Punjab University.

          Khalid Mahmood, PhD
          Professor of Library & Information Science, University of the Punjab, Lahore, PAKISTAN
          Chief Editor, Pakistan Journal of Library & Information Science
          Cell: +92-333-4271285
          Email: khalidmahmood@... and khalid.dlis@...

          Message 4 of 25 , Oct 8, 2013
            Salaam to all
                                Dear professionals i am pleased to share the publication of following , interesting, paper.

            Jan, Sajjad Ullah and Anwar, Mumtaz Ali, "Impact of Pakistani Authors in the GOOGLE World: A Study of Library and Information Science Faculty" (2013).Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal).Paper 980. Available at http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphilprac/980/

            Abstract

            The ranking of universities and journals have been the focus of the scholarly community. These rankings are used as a marketing tool for attracting new comers to the universities and for authors to the journals. As a consequence, ranking of authors/faculty in a field of study has also become popular which can be used as a useful tool for awards, promotion, recruitment, recognition, etc. Citations to scholarly writings have been used to develop a number of quantitative measures to determine their impact on the literature of a topic. This paper investigated the impact of 53 LIS faculty from eight Pakistani universities. The data were collected during July 2011 using Google Scholar database. Only 11 out of 53 faculty members contributed 118 publications which received 536 citations. The h-index, g-index, hc-index, hI-norm, and e-index, were used to determine the impact of these authors. The scatter of their publications in various journals was determined and the most cited publication of each author was identified. The number of faculty members who received citations is small and their scores in various indices are generally low. There is a need for these faculty members to publish in impact factor journals in order to get more citations and higher scores.
          • Dr. Ruby Tariq
            Message 5 of 25 , Oct 8, 2013
              Dear Sajjad-ullah Sb.

              Many congrats on this publication.
              The findings are really very interesting especially:
              The trend of self-citation and citation of close colleagues was found in some authors
              with the possibility of making their scores higher than others.

              This is what LIS community has been observing and commenting that some LIS authors are producing research for self promotion, self scoring and promoting their favorite groups.
              One of my research students was discussing with me that when others don't cite me (as they only want to cite their close colleagues) then why shall I cite them. I think this was the reaction of the actions by some researchers who support only their own friends and fellows.
              If situation remains the same then I shall not be able to convince my research students that BIAS has no place in research.
              Regards

              Dr. Rubina Bhatti
              Chairperson & Associate Professor
              Deptt: Library & Information Science
              The Islamia University of Bahawalpur
              HEC Approved PhD Supervisor
              Director: Asia Chapter SLA (2010)
              Member University of the Manchester Alumni Association
[...]

            • Dr. Mirza Muhammad Naseer
              Message 6 of 25 , Oct 8, 2013
                Congratulations to Sajjad Ullah Jan for publishing an interesting article. Rankings and evaluations always initiate criticism but keep doing the good work.

                Regards,

                Dr. Mirza Muhammad Naseer
                Assistant Professor
                Institute of Space Technology (IST)
                1, Islamabad Highway,
                Islamabad. Pakistan.
                Ph. +92-51-9075436

                On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 5:41 PM, Sajjad Jan <sajjad_jan83@...> wrote:

[...]

              • Saima Qutab
                Message 7 of 25 , Oct 8, 2013
                  True Dr. Rubina.

                  Regards,

                  Director Design Library,
                  University of Dammam, KSA

                  Message 8 of 25 , Oct 9, 2013
                    Dear Friends, Salaam
                                                          Following paper also published in LPP.
                    Citation
                    Jan, Sajjad Ullah & Anwar, Mumtaz Ali (2013). Collaborative Research in Economics in Pakistan: The Case of Pakistan Development Review from 1973 to 2009. Library Philosophy & Practice. available at http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphilprac/1016/
                    Abstract
                    ABSTRACT
                    The pattern of collaborative authorship (extent of international collaboration and degree of collaboration) and institutional affiliation in the papers of the Pakistan Development Review were determined by using bibliometric techniques. The sample used was the papers published during 1973-2009. Of the 1627 papers, 723 (44.44%) were the result of collaborative effort. International collaboration was observed only in 94 papers. The degree of collaboration was 0.44 as a whole and the year-wise calculated degree ranged between 0.13 and 0.76. The year 2009 was the most productive year in terms of collaborative research.

                    Regards
                    Sajjad Ullah Jan
                    Ph.D Scholar

                  • Haroon Idrees
                    Message 9 of 25 , Aug 24, 2015
                    AOA dear colleagues.
                    I am pleased to share that one of our paper was accepted for publication and its early cite has been included in recent issue of The Electronic Library (Impact factor: 0.535)
                    Arif Khan & Haroon Idrees , (2015),"Calculating web impact factor for university websites of Pakistan", The Electronic Library , Vol. 33 Iss 5 pp. -

                    Copy of the paper is attached herewith

                    Haroon Idrees, PhD

                    Head Dept. of LIS
                    Chief Librarian
                    Coordinator PhD & M. Phil. Programs,
                    Member Sub-Campus Monitoring Team
                    Member Statutes Review Committee
                    University of Sargodha, Pakistan

                    HEC Approved PhD Supervisor
                    Director Academics, Alqalam Schools, Pakistan
                    Chief Editor, PLA Journal

                    Cell: +92-333-4363995+92-333-4363995
                  • Aamir Hamid
                    Message 10 of 25 , Sep 30, 2015
                      Assalam-O-Alaikum

                      Dear All,

                      My another publication with coauthors Khurram Shahzad and Qaiser Iqbal titled  as " Information Literacy Program: An evaluation for expansion" published in international research journal " American Research Thoughts"

                      With Best Regards
                      Aamir Hamid
                      Information Executive
                      Riphah International University, Islamabad
                      M. Phil (LIS)
                      Life Member PLA
                      Regular Member PLWO
                      Mob: +92-336-4302104