Writ Petition field in the Islamabad High Court for Library Professionals Service Structure

  • Azim Khan
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 16, 2013
      Dear Library Professionals Colleagues!

      Assalam-o-Alaikum

           I find an immense pleasure in narrating the facts regarding the services, which i rendered to honor your trust and love, that you all have been showing for me, i would like to draw your gracious attention towards the tasks which were of the grave concern for all the library professionals by the Almighty Allah and the blessings of your prayers the issue of Teaching Allowance (Rs.1000/- PM) and 75% Tax Rebate with five years back banefit have been resolved through the efforts of toil and sweat.

            I also highlight the further developments in this regard. I got the recommendation of "one step up gradation, eliminate the condition of volumes (Books)from the ESTA CODE and Time Scale" from the Senate Standing Committee on Education. After that i started the strong pursuit of the said recommendation for its urgent implementation, for this very purpose effective correspondence was held. Several letters were dispatched to the offices of Prime Minister Secretariat, Prime Minister's Grievances Cell, Secretary Cabinet Division, Secretary, Establishment Division, Secretary, Finance Division, President of Pakistan, The Chairman Senate for the expedition of our cause but unfortunately these trying efforts did not bear any fruit.At last we have left no option except approaching the court of law for our rights.

         Keeping in view your strongest wish the writ petition has been field in the Islamabad High Court. In this regard we (PLA F.B) have hired the lawyer to plead the matter effectively, but we are lacking funds to pay the lawyer's fee. Some library professionals Brothers /Sisters have constituted their part but this is not sufficient to meet the lawyer's fee and day to day expenses. We need more money. For this purpose each person /member has to pay Rs.2500/-. This stage can't be crossed without your kind cooperation. Inshallah, we will be able to achieve our destination very soon.
         In this regard your cooperation will be highly appreciate.

             with best regards.

      Azim Khan Marwat
         President PLA (FB)
      Cell No. 0322533922 4
    • Talha
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 16, 2013
        Well done azeem khan sb...its the voice of many professionals working in special libraries and have no future prospects and carrier progression due to volume conditions. Please do keep up  kthe good work. I will call u soon..regards---- mamoon ur rashid. Dy Dir ministry of defence

        Sent from my iPhone

[...]

      • Muhammad Asif Iqbal
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2013
          It is to share with all the Library Professionals that the Case for up-gradation and Time Scale for Librarians was fixed in Islamabad High Court, Islamabad on 30th September, 2013. The Case has been admitted for “Regular Hearing and the Court have been pleased to "Issue the Notice to the Government and Comments has been called from the Respondents i.e. Federal Government, Department of Libraries, Islamabad etc.

          Muhammad Asif Iqbal
          Librarian
          Islamabad High Court
          051-9108051