Re: [plagpk] HEC Forms Digital Library Advisory Committee

  • Abdul Waheed Chief Librarian GC UNIVERSIT
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 16, 2013
      Dear Raja Jee
      The days remembred of your efforts for LIMS acquisition. I feel y will do yr best for upgrading databases on HEC NDLP with all yr skills.
      Congratulation Bahi
      Regards

      ------------------------------
      On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 9:48 AM PKT Tasawar Hussain wrote:

      >Dear Library Community Members,
      >It is a matter of immense pleasure and honors that Raja
      >Muhammad Ibrahim, Chief Librarian, COMSATS Institute of Information Technology,
      >has been designated as one of the ten members Digital Library Advisory
      >Committee formed by HEC recently.
      >

      >The mandates of Digital Library Advisory Committee are;
      >

      >Ø To
      >evaluate the services and access of knowledge resources of National Digital
      >Library Program (NDLP)
      >
      >Ø Formation
      >of acquisition policy of resources for NDLP and their dissemination
      >
      >Ø To
      >improve the leadership role of NDLP for knowledge generation and dissemination
      >of resources
      >

      >We, the library professionals of CIIT, wish him best of
      >luck and do hope that his contributions and vision will help revolutionizing NDLP.
      >
      >Regards,
      >

      >Tasawar HussainDeputy LibrarianLibrary Information ServicesCOMSATS Institute of Information TechnologyPark Road, Chak Shahzad, Islamabad.PakistanTell: 051-90495063Cell: 0333 438 22 83Fax: 92-051-8318499Email: thussain@...: ww3.comsats.edu.pk/libraryFacebook: www.facebook.com/LIS.CIIT.Islamabad

    • adnan adil
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 16, 2013
        Many Congratulations to Raja Muhammad Ibrahim Sahab

        However, I do wonder (out of my curiosity) that whether 'remaining nine members' are from LIS profession or not ? Perhaps, Raja Ibrahim Sb can provide update on this matter.

        Kind regards

        Syed Adnan Adil
        Knowledge, Research and Library Services Manager
        National Health Services
        London

[...]

        Website: ww3.comsats.edu.pk/library

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 16, 2013
          Dear Raja
          Please share the names of other professionals if y can. If it is notification then no harm and if it is news then upto you.

          Regards
          ------------------------------

        • Mamoona Kousar
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 16, 2013
            Have asked HEC NDLP staff for names but no response so far.

            MAMOONA KOUSAR
            Librarian
            Air University Central Library
            Air University, E-9, Islamabad, Pakistan
            Tel:  92 51 9262612, 9262557-9 ext: 376
            Fax:  92 51 9260158

            Please share the names of other professionals if y can. If it is notification then no harm and if it is news then upto you.

            Regards
            ------------------------------
            On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 3:19 PM PKT adnan adil wrote:

            >Many Congratulations to Raja Muhammad Ibrahim Sahab
            >

            >However, I do wonder (out of my curiosity) that whether 'remaining nine members' are from LIS profession or not ? Perhaps, Raja Ibrahim Sb can provide update on this matter.
            >
            >Kind regards
            >
            >Syed Adnan Adil
            >Knowledge, Research and Library Services Manager
            >National Health Services
            >London
            >

            >________________________________

            Have asked

          • Bushra Almas Jaswal
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 17, 2013
              Dear Adnan and all curious people,

              Actually HEC had sent a circular to Heads of all Universities for their nominations for the Committee. Apparently, most of the Universities didn't take interest. So, the nominations received from universities were included in the Committee.

              Raja Sahib was lucky to be nominated by his University. Hope he will be able to act as (the only)  voice of Librarians in the Committee. Its a lot of responsibility for him anyway. But having a colleague on the Committee, is also an opportunity for us. We should help him by forwarding our feedback to him so that he can represent us strongly.

              Many Congratulations Raja Sahib.

              Bushra A. Jaswal

              Bushra Almas Jaswal
              Chief Librarian & Associate Professor,
              Ewing Memorial Library,
              Forman Christian College (a Chartered University), Feroze Pur Road, Lahore
              Phone 9231581-8, Ext-325
              E-mail:
              bushrajaswal@... or bushra.jaswal@...
              Moblie (92)0300-5117435