First National Workshop on RDA & Oath taking ceremony of ILISAA

  • Nasir Khan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2013
    Dear Professionals,
    It is honor for us that the First National Workshop on RDA was arranged with the collaboration of NU-FAST, Islamabad and at the closing ceremony of that occasion we also feel pleasure that the second elected body of Islamians Library and Information Science Alumni Association (ILISAA) have taken the OATH on July 03, 2013 at NU-FAST, Islamabad. The Chief guests of the Oath taking and closing Ceremony of 1st National Workshop on RDA were the President and Secretary General of PLA (Federal Branch). Mr. Pervaiz Ahmed, Assistant Professor, Dept. of LIS, AIOU /PhD Research Scholar at Edith Cown University, Australia was the resource person of RDA Workshop.
    The Secretary General PLA (FB) Mr. Ghyour Hussain shared his experiences and paid appreciation to the old body for their active support and vision. He shared that the body arranged several training programs/ seminars for LIS professionals. He extended PLA as well as NLP cooperation with ILISAA and suggested that near future we will arrange a National Level Workshop on RDA.
    The President PLA (FB) Mr. Azeem Khan Marwat said that the outgoing body of ILISAA has worked professionally. He also appreciated the efforts of Mr. Kazim for taking initiatives to arrange activities, programs for LIS community properly utilizing the ILISAA and FAST platform.
    The newly elected President Mr. Muhammad Asif Iqbal said that I, on behalf of the elected body of ILISAA (FC) pay our sincerest gratitude to all the ILISAAIANS who posed their confidence and extended full support to the newly elected body. Inshallah, we will arrange a National Workshop on RDA with the collaboration of PLA and NLP for Pakistani LIS Community.
    Following is the list of second elected body of ILISAA (Federal Chapter)

    ·         Mr. Muhammad Asif Iqbal      President
    ·         Mr. Kazim Ali Syed                 Secretary
    ·         Mr. Muhammad Asif               Vice President
    ·         Mr. Shahid Hussain                 Assistant Secretary
    ·         Mr. Fiaz Bokhari                      Finance Secretary
    ·         Mr. Nasir Abbasi                     Information Secretary
    At the end, we are especially thankful for the resource person Mr. Pervaiz Ahmed for sparing time to conduct the 1st National Workshop on RDA. Snaps are attached herewith.

    Regards,

    M.Nasir Abbasi
    Deputy librarian MAJU Islamabad
    Information Secretary, (ILISAA) Islamians Library and Information Science Alumni Association