Prof. Dr. Abdul Moid Memorial Library

  • Dr. Ruby Tariq
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 27, 2013

      Dear All

      Salaam

      It is shared with pleasure that Mrs. Feroza Abdul Moid has donated 81 books, a computer, printer and stabilizer for establishing “Prof. Dr. Abdul Moid Memorial Library” at Department of Library & Information Science, the Islamia University of Bahawalpur.

      Dr. Ghaniul Akram Sabzwari and Dr. Liaquat Ali Khan visited DLIS, IUB on 22-23 April for handing over the reading collection; computer, printer etc. to the LIS students and faculty members. It became a very memorable event as this gift of books was given on the occasion of WORLD BOOK DAY.

      On behalf of all the students and faculty members I want to extend my whole-hearted gratitude to Mrs. Feroza Abdul Moid for her generous donation and Dr. Ghaniul Akram Sabzwari and Dr. Liaquat Ali Khan for their thoughtfulness for the learners of South Punjab (that has always been deprived) to support in education and research activities.

      Many Thanks and Best Regards

      Dr. Rubina Bhatti

      Chairperson & Associate Professor

      Deptt: Library & Information Science

      The Islamia University of Bahawalpur

      HEC Approved PhD Supervisor

      Director: Asia Chapter SLA (2010)

      Member University of the Manchester Alumni Association

      Phone: 0092-62-9255546

    • muhammad ghazanfar
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 29, 2013

        It is an achievement of DLISC IUB and thanks to The family of Dr. Abdul Moid, Dr. Ghani ul Akram Sabzwari for selecting DLISC IUB for this collection. I hope this will be very beneficial for Dlisc IUB students and also for other LIS students who wants to crunch their thrust of knowledge. knowledge  regard
        MUHAMMAD NAUSHAD GHAZANFAR,
        Secretary, Pakistan Library Association, Punjab Br.
        Executive member PULISAA
        M.Phil Student, 2011-2013, Islamia University of Bahawalpur
        Deputy Librarian,
        Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan.
        Cell# 0334-6092721

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 29, 2013

          Dear Friends,

          In continuation with Jumbo Publishing's policy of playing its role in developing book culture in the society by promoting LIS activities in particular, we have published a report on World Books Day's seminar held at Federal Urdu University and its weblink is:

          http://jumbopublishing.blogspot.com/2013/04/federal-urdu-university-organize.html

          You are invited to comment.

          Regards,

          Khalid

        • ikram ulhaq
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 30, 2013

            Dear All

            Aasalam o Aliukum

            It is memorable occasion that Dr Ghaniul Akram Sabzwari (President Library Promotion Bureau and Chief Editor of PLISJ), on behalf of Dr Abdul Moid’s family donated 81 books and computer to Department of Library and Information Science, Islamia University Bahawalpur, for establishing “Prof Dr Abdul Moid Memorial Library” on World Book Day (22-23 April 2013).

            Dr Sabzwari Sahib is nearly 80 years old (rather young), attractive, smart, devoted and energetic fellow.  He has been busy in writing/publishing for more than a half century. He motivated numbers of professional, to write, and made him mature writer.

            Recently, I met Dr Sahib on 8th of April 2013, in Islamabad (Hizatullah Vaseer’s Home). Dr Sahib and Hizatullah Sahib worked and stayed together in Mikkah, KSA. Hizatullah sahib wrote three Urdu books, and forth will appear soon; it is only possible due to Dr Sahib encouragement and friendship.

            Dr Sahib welcomed and encouraged me to write more and more on LIS of Pakistan.

            He gave me his three books, Classification Vol-I, 2006, Classification Vol-II, 2007 and Library and Information Science for Students of M.A. Classes. He also gifted me a pen with torch.

            He said that articles of PLISJ reflect the quality of LIS education in Pakistan. He appreciated the efforts of Dr Rubina Bhatti’s and her team to active support of PLISJ.

            He recalled his doctorate through distance learning, from Century University, USA. The University was located in California in that time, now shifted to New Mexico City.

            During his visit to Pakistan last year (2012), he stayed in Islamabad on mid of May, he called me and told to reach Dr Raziuddin Siddiqui Memorial Library (DRSML), Qauid-e-Azam University at 1000 am, library was inaugurated after renovation. Mr Pervaiz Irfan, Chief Librarian DRSML QAU, and his colleagues paid warmth welcome to Dr Sahib. Dr Sahib presented fresh issue of PLISJ and requested to subscribe this journal for library. Then we traveled towards National Library of Pakistan, where we met Syed Ghayur Hussain, Director NLP. He arranged a Special Lecture of Dr Sahib in NLP. Dr Sahib presented, Qamar Mirza’s book and Adab-o-Kutab Khana to Syed Ghayur Hussain.

            At evening of the same day, I met Dr Sahib in Hizat ullah’s home. He recalled some of the sweet memories of the past. He remembered his Classification teacher, Molvi Muhammad Shafi, who used to say that after me, Sabzwari would teach Classification in KU. He recollected the Dr Abdul Moid’s effort towards promotion of Library Education in Pakistan. Dr Sabzwari told me, “Dr Moid convinced Asia Foundation to grant 30 scholarships for working librarian (outside Karachi) in different provinces of Pakistan (Ten librarians each year) for DLS and MLS programmes. Dr Sabzwari Sahib gifted me his autobiography.

            May Allah Shower His Special Blessing on Dr Sahib, his family and his friends!

            **************************************
            Ikram Ul Haq
            Master in Library & Information Sciences,(AIOU)
            MA Eng (Pb), MA Urdu (Pb)
            Librarian
            Rawalpindi Institute of Cardiology
            Tel: 0092 333 525 5297

              Message 6 of 6 , May 1, 2013
                Dear Ikram-ul- Haq Sb.

                Nice note to read from you. My concern is that Allah SWT sees teachers at high seats of learning.
                I have been Doc Moid's last batch student in 82. He taught us planning. He was hired as cooperative teacher with meagre  honorarium of Rs 400/pm. If the authorities at that time wanted they could honor him as Honorary Professor. Was it not his disgrace, but he did not care these secondary things. He was devoted to teachings. He was deep ocean of knowledge.
                But what happened with him. Out of sight out of mind. He was a fair person & did not recruit army of his family in libraries. His daughter failed in D.L.Sc but he didn't interfere to help her out.
                The only point I wanted to say that at first instance his family approach the dept. to accommodate his precious collection in the  library which is named after him. Alas refusal came in with the plea that this all is rubbish. Come on people. If not today tomorrow is yours turn to go home. Respect the elders. I salute IUB's team for honoring my favorite teacher's collection. Do and have a respect. If Dr. Rubina  is respecting Dr Moid she is & will be respected by tomorrow.

                Nothing is rubbish. We librarians well know it.

                Sorry for being sentimental but that's the way I express my feelings.

                Hamid Rahman