Re: [PCLAConnect] Congratulations to Dr. Iqbal Hussain Asad on completing his Ph.D.

  • Bushra Almas Jaswal
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 4, 2013
      Dear Bajwa Sahib,

      Thank you very much for correcting me. Yes, Dr. M.H. Bukhari, Deptt of Geography, Punjab University was co supervisor of Dr. Iqbal Hussain Asad's research along with Dr. Fazil Khan. I saw my mistake right after sending the message. Normally, I read the message before pressing SEND, but it was electricity shut-down time and I wasn't sure about how long my UPS will last. So, just did it in a hurry.

      I was thinking of writing a corrigendum today. You made it easy for me. Thanks again.

      Bushra A. Jaswal

      ------- :)

      ~~! Join  PCLAConnect  Here !~~
      to remain informed about latest developments and updates on Revised Service Structure and Service Rules for Punjab College Librarians.
      Bushra Almas Jaswal
      Chief Librarian & Associate Professor,
      Ewing Memorial Library,
      Forman Christian College (a Chartered University), Feroze Pur Road, Lahore
      Phone 9231581-8, Ext-325
      E-mail:
      bushrajaswal@... or bushra.jaswal@...
      Moblie (92)0300-5117435

      From: forums_bushra@...
      Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 11:21:12 -0700
      Subject: [PCLAConnect] Congrayulations to Dr. Iqbal Hsain Asad on completing his Ph.D.

      Dear Friends,

      It is a great honor for me to share the news that Mr. Iqbal Hussain Asad, has successfully completed the requirements of his  graduate study and successfully defended a thesis containing original research on "Development of Libraries in Pakistan/Bangladesh - A Comparative Study".

      He completed his research under the capable supervision and guidance of  Dr. Fazil Khan Baloch, University of Sargodha while Dr. Rais A. Samdani was the External Supervisor. The defense was held today  April 4, 2013, in the Center for South Asian Studies, University of the Punjab. Dr. M. H. Bokhri, Deptt. of Geography, University of the Punjab is the co-supervisor

      This is a great honor for PCLA to have the first Ph.D. among the working College Librarians of Pakistan. Dr. Iqbal Hussain Asad, we, all members of  PCLA congratulate you on this success.  We are proud to have a hardworking and dedicated Librarian among us like you as our colleague and our executive. You have equally worked hard for us to get us Income Tax rebate, the College Librarians' Service Structure and now have become the First Doctor of Philosophy among College Librarians!

      You are indeed a role model and a trend-setter for us. Please accept our heartfelt CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

      May we proudly call you now  -    Dr. Iqbal Hussain Asad!

      We ARE PROUD OF YOU!

      ------- :)

      ~~! Join  PCLAConnect  Here !~~
      to remain informed about latest developments and updates on Revised Service Structure and Service Rules for Punjab College Librarians.
      Bushra Almas Jaswal
      Chief Librarian & Associate Professor,
      Ewing Memorial Library,
      Forman Christian College (a Chartered University), Feroze Pur Road, Lahore
      Phone 9231581-8, Ext-325
      E-mail:
      bushrajaswal@... or bushra.jaswal@...
      Moblie (92)0300-5117435

    • rais samdani
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 5, 2013
        Many Many Congrztulatio to Iqbal Asad  on completing Ph D

        Dr. Rais Samdani

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 5, 2013
          Dear Dr. Iqbal Hussain Asad

          Accept my heartiest congratulations on successful defense of your PhD dissertation. Indeed it is a commendable achievement and example for other college Librarians.

          Wish you all success in future
          Prof. Kanwal Ameen

          Sent from my iPhone

[...]

        • Shahid Soroya
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 5, 2013
            Dear Iqbal Hussain Asad

            Congratulations for great achievement. Its really nice to know 2nd PhD from Centre for South Asian Studies with Library Science specialization.

            Congrats again.

            Regards,

            Muhammad Shahid Soroya
            Regional Librarian
            Allama Iqbal Open University, Lahore
            Ph.D Scholar (CSAS, PU, LHR)
            M.Phil, MLIS, LLB (PU)

            Secretary General (2012-2014)
            Pakistan Library Association (www.pla.org.pk)
            President (2012-2014)
            President
            Pakistan Librarians Welfare Organization (www.librarianswelfare.org)
            SLA-PAM International Membership Award Winner 2007
            PAM Information Ethics Ambassador 2009
            Patron
            International Journal of Information Management Sciences

[...]

          • Ghaniulakram Sabzwari
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 5, 2013
              Assalam Alaikum
                   We wish to congratulate Dr. Iqbal Hussain Asad on his meritorious and brilliant success in acquiring PhD "Development of Libraries in Pakistan/Bangladesh - A Comparative Study".
                    It is his wonderful achievement of Dr. Asad. We request Dr. Asad kindly provide us abstract of his thesis to publish in Pakistan Library and Information Science Journal for the benefit of our professional friends and LIS students. Wassalam.
              Dr. Ghaniul Akram Sabzwari
              Chief Editor, PLISJ

              Heartiest congratulations to Dr. Asad for wonderful achievement. No doubt, it is hard and commitment which results in success.

              Best wishes for your future endeavours.

              Regards,

              Dr. Mirza Muhammad Naseer
              Senior Librarian