Congrayulations to Dr. Iqbal Hsain Asad on completing his Ph.D.

  • Bushra Almas Jaswal
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 4 11:21 AM
      Dear Friends,

      It is a great honor for me to share the news that Mr. Iqbal Hussain Asad, has successfully completed the requirements of his  graduate study and successfully defended a thesis containing original research on "Development of Libraries in Pakistan/Bangladesh - A Comparative Study".

      He completed his research under the capable supervision and guidance of  Dr. Fazil Khan Baloch, University of Sargodha while Dr. Rais A. Samdani was the External Supervisor. The defense was held today  April 4, 2013, in the Center for South Asian Studies, University of the Punjab. Dr. M. H. Bokhri, Deptt. of Geography, University of the Punjab is the co-author.

      This is a great honor for PCLA to have the first Ph.D. among the working College Librarians of Punjab. Dr. Iqbal Hussain Asad, we, all members of  PCLA congratulate you on this success.  We are proud to have a hardworking and dedicated Librarian among us like you as our colleague and our executive. You have equally worked hard for us to get us Income Tax rebate, the College Librarians' Service Structure and now have become the First Doctor of Philosophy among College Librarians!

      You are indeed a role model and a trend-setter for us. Please accept our heartfelt CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

      May we proudly call you now  -    Dr. Iqbal Hussain Asad!

      We ARE PROUD OF YOU!

      ------- :)

      ~~! Join  PCLAConnect  Here !~~
      to remain informed about latest developments and updates on Revised Service Structure and Service Rules for Punjab College Librarians.
      Bushra Almas Jaswal
      Chief Librarian & Associate Professor,
      Ewing Memorial Library,
      Forman Christian College (a Chartered University), Feroze Pur Road, Lahore
      Phone 9231581-8, Ext-325
      E-mail:
      bushrajaswal@... or bushra.jaswal@...
      Moblie (92)0300-5117435
    • Asif Nisar Bajwa
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 4 6:49 PM

        Dear Friends
        Heartiest congratulations to Mr. Iqbal Hussian Asad LibrarianGovt. College of Scince Lahore  to complete his PHD degree and I would like to correct Madam Bushra that he is the first college librarian through out the Pakistan to do this wonderful job and Dr. M.H. Bukhari is not the co Author but he is co supervisor. and once again congratulations to Dr.Iqbal Hussian Asad

        To: PCLAConnect@yahoogroups.com; plagpk@yahoogroups.com; librarianwelfare@yahoogroups.com; libcoop@yahoogroups.com; dlispu@yahoogroups.com
        From: forums_bushra@...
        Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 11:21:12 -0700
        Subject: [PCLAConnect] Congrayulations to Dr. Iqbal Hsain Asad on completing his Ph.D.

        Dear Friends,

        It is a great honor for me to share the news that Mr. Iqbal Hussain Asad, has successfully completed the requirements of his  graduate study and successfully defended a thesis containing original research on "Development of Libraries in Pakistan/Bangladesh - A Comparative Study".

        He completed his research under the capable supervision and guidance of  Dr. Fazil Khan Baloch, University of Sargodha while Dr. Rais A. Samdani was the External Supervisor. The defense was held today  April 4, 2013, in the Center for South Asian Studies, University of the Punjab. Dr. M. H. Bokhri, Deptt. of Geography, University of the Punjab is the co-supervisor

        This is a great honor for PCLA to have the first Ph.D. among the working College Librarians of Pakistan. Dr. Iqbal Hussain Asad, we, all members of  PCLA congratulate you on this success.  We are proud to have a hardworking and dedicated Librarian among us like you as our colleague and our executive. You have equally worked hard for us to get us Income Tax rebate, the College Librarians' Service Structure and now have become the First Doctor of Philosophy among College Librarians!

        You are indeed a role model and a trend-setter for us. Please accept our heartfelt CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

        May we proudly call you now  -    Dr. Iqbal Hussain Asad!

        We ARE PROUD OF YOU!

        ------- :)

        ~~! Join  PCLAConnect  Here !~~
        to remain informed about latest developments and updates on Revised Service Structure and Service Rules for Punjab College Librarians.
        Bushra Almas Jaswal
        Chief Librarian & Associate Professor,
        Ewing Memorial Library,
        Forman Christian College (a Chartered University), Feroze Pur Road, Lahore
        Phone 9231581-8, Ext-325
        E-mail:
        bushrajaswal@... or bushra.jaswal@...
        Moblie (92)0300-5117435

      • Dr. Mirza Muhammad Naseer
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 4 8:31 PM
          Heartiest congratulations to Dr. Asad for wonderful achievement. No doubt, it is hard and commitment which results in success.

          Best wishes for your future endeavours.

          Regards,

          Dr. Mirza Muhammad Naseer
          Senior Librarian
          Institute of Space Technology (IST)
          1, Islamabad Highway,
          Islamabad. Pakistan.
          Ph. +92-51-9075436

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 4 9:57 PM
            Dear Bajwa Sahib,

            Thank you very much for correcting me. Yes, Dr. M.H. Bukhari, Deptt of Geography, Punjab University was co supervisor of Dr. Iqbal Hussain Asad's research along with Dr. Fazil Khan. I saw my mistake right after sending the message. Normally, I read the message before pressing SEND, but it was electricity shut-down time and I wasn't sure about how long my UPS will last. So, just did it in a hurry.

            I was thinking of writing a corrigendum today. You made it easy for me. Thanks again.

            Bushra A. Jaswal

            ------- :)

            To: PCLAConnect@yahoogroups.com; plagpk@yahoogroups.com; librarianwelfare@yahoogroups.com; libcoop@yahoogroups.com; dlispu@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 5 4:33 AM
              Many Many Congrztulatio to Iqbal Asad  on completing Ph D

              Dr. Rais Samdani

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 5 8:06 AM
                Dear Dr. Iqbal Hussain Asad

                Accept my heartiest congratulations on successful defense of your PhD dissertation. Indeed it is a commendable achievement and example for other college Librarians.

                Wish you all success in future
                Prof. Kanwal Ameen

                Sent from my iPhone

[...]

              • Shahid Soroya
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 5 10:35 AM
                  Dear Iqbal Hussain Asad

                  Congratulations for great achievement. Its really nice to know 2nd PhD from Centre for South Asian Studies with Library Science specialization.

                  Congrats again.

                  Regards,

                  Muhammad Shahid Soroya
                  Regional Librarian
                  Allama Iqbal Open University, Lahore
                  Ph.D Scholar (CSAS, PU, LHR)
                  M.Phil, MLIS, LLB (PU)

                  Secretary General (2012-2014)
                  Pakistan Library Association (www.pla.org.pk)
                  President (2012-2014)
                  President
                  Pakistan Librarians Welfare Organization (www.librarianswelfare.org)
                  SLA-PAM International Membership Award Winner 2007
                  PAM Information Ethics Ambassador 2009
                  Patron
                  International Journal of Information Management Sciences

[...]

                • Ghaniulakram Sabzwari
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 5 10:59 PM
                    Assalam Alaikum
                         We wish to congratulate Dr. Iqbal Hussain Asad on his meritorious and brilliant success in acquiring PhD "Development of Libraries in Pakistan/Bangladesh - A Comparative Study".
                          It is his wonderful achievement of Dr. Asad. We request Dr. Asad kindly provide us abstract of his thesis to publish in Pakistan Library and Information Science Journal for the benefit of our professional friends and LIS students. Wassalam.
                    Dr. Ghaniul Akram Sabzwari
                    Chief Editor, PLISJ