  • Rabia Khan
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2 11:08 AM
      Dear Professionals
      i need information about those libraries which are using RFID or implementing it in their libraries.
      thanxxx
      RABIA
    • Maqsood Ahmad
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 3 1:16 AM
        salam!

        Not RFID but RF chips have been installed in books at Sir Sadiq Muhammad Khan Library, The Islamia University of Bahawalpur

        On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 11:08 PM, Rabia Khan <khanrabia4842@...> wrote:

        Dear Professionals
        i need information about those libraries which are using RFID or implementing it in their libraries.
        thanxxx
        RABIA

        “If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it. ”
        Regards
        Maqsood Ahmad
        Database Administrator
        The Islamia University of Bahawalpur
      • Bushra Almas Jaswal
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 3 4:51 AM
          Dear Rabia,

          The Ewing Memorial Library, of Forman Christian College (a Chartered University), Feroze Pur Road, Lahore has implemented RFID Technology. We have our whole collection tagged and use the "Digital Library Assistant, DLA' of 3M company for automated shelf management and stock-taking. In the future, we want to install self-check units and RFID-based automatic chekin remote Book Return Boxes.

          If you need more details, you can call me or email me. My contacts are in my signature below.

          Bushra A. Jaswal

          ------- :)
          ~~!
          Join  PCLAConnect  Here !~~ to remain informed about latest developments and updates on Revised Service Structure and Service Rules for Punjab College Librarians.

          Bushra Almas Jaswal
          Chief Librarian & Associate Professor,
          Ewing Memorial Library,
          Forman Christian College (a Chartered University), Feroze Pur Road, Lahore
          Phone 9231581-8, Ext-325
          E-mail:
          bushrajaswal@... or bushra.jaswal@...
          Moblie (92)0300-5117435

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 3 10:39 PM
            Dear Muhammad Kamran Khan,

            Could you kindly introduce yourself and your organization and what exactly you want to use RFID for? This will help me give you relevant information.

            Thanks,

            Bushra A. Jaswal

            ------- :)

            ~~! Join  PCLAConnect  Here !~~
            to remain informed about latest developments and updates on Revised Service Structure and Service Rules for Punjab College Librarians.
            Bushra Almas Jaswal
            Chief Librarian & Associate Professor,
            Ewing Memorial Library,
            Forman Christian College (a Chartered University), Feroze Pur Road, Lahore
            Phone 9231581-8, Ext-325
            E-mail:
            bushrajaswal@... or bushra.jaswal@...
            Moblie (92)0300-5117435

            Do you have some proposal/presentation type documents or any document
            from the vendor which describes the benefits of RFID in library
            functions or in document management.

            We are considering this technology for our Data Room but need some
            local fellows to share their experiences. Maybe asking for such
            proposals would be "big ask" but that can give us more than what
            internet literature offers.

            Thanks & regards,
            Kamran Khan

            --
            Kind regards,

            Muhammad Kamran Khan
            +92 333 4363 733

          • shahidsoroya
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 5 10:36 PM
              Dear Colleagues

              I am pleased to share that Mr. Asif Munir has joined University of Central Punjab, Lahore as Director Library. Mr. Asif Munir has served Ali Institute of Education, SMEDA, LUMS and KFUPM, Saudi Arabia before this.
              He is Secretary General Pakistan Librarians Welfare Organization and known Trainer in the field of Librarianship.
              We wish him success in his professional career.

              Shahid