Re: [plagpk] Library at Governor house

  • Shahzad Iqbal
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 26, 2013
      These slogans are election-specific. Everyone is aware of the pathetic conditions of libraries in Pakistan. Governement schools do not have proper libraries. The bureaucracy in Pakistan is not book-friendly. If present Punjab Governor's House is changed into a lirbrary then crore of public money would be spent on construction of a new residence/office for governor.

      On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 6:42 PM, Asif Nazir <nazirasif81@...> wrote:

      I think we don't discuss politics on this page.

      Asif Nazir, Librarian, Federal College of Education, Islamabad.
      joint Secretary ilisaa Islamabad Chapter
      Phone office:092-51-9257487

      From: ahsan ullah <ahsanullah_libr@...>
      To: plagpk@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: Libcoop@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 9:06 AM

      Dear colleagues
      Imran Khan will convert governor house Lahore into library. good news. A politician has knowledge that library is also important for people of Pakistan. Good news about Pakistan politics.First time in Pakistan a politician in such a big event has mentioned the Establishment of library. Tribute to him.
      Ahsan ullah

    • Amjad Husain
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 26, 2013
        Dear friends,
        please do not be sentimental. It is a gup shup of Imran sahib.Aftr all he is also a politician and have learnt the art to please the public by saying what people may like or seems to be good. Do not worry. Governor house will remain there, after all it is one of the architectural remians of our colonial masters and UK is a second home to our beloved Imran and his sons. Keep your calm.
        Amjad Husain

        amjadhusain

        From: ahsan ullah <ahsanullah_libr@...>
        To: plagpk@yahoogroups.com