Re: LIBCOOP Concept paper on PLA Constitutional reforms

  • Muhammad Ashraf
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2013

      Dear Adnan,

      I wish this concept paper might become 'the first drop of rain'. It shows your deep insight and sincerety towards the profession. I really liked your words about the security of female professionals who suffer blackmailing of some dirty mentality. To make the electoral process more fair, I will suggest secret balloting. The methodology we are using is not reliabe. It makes the whole electoral process doubtful. It will be a revolution in LIS Pakistan if we are able to ensure secret balloting.

      Regards,

      - Muhammad Ashraf Shakoori

      Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

      From: adnan adil <syedadnanadil05@...>;
      From: Shahid Soroya <shahidsoroya@...>
      Subject: [plagpk] PLA Constitution
      To: "Shah" <librarianwelfare@yahoogroups.com>, "rafiq" <libcoop@yahoogroups.com>
      Cc: "Ajmal" <plagpk@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 2:43 PM

      Dear Colleagues,

      We have been reading/listening criticism on different practices of PLA, specially, electoral process, membership and voting rights and also who can contest in election. There are certain issues which need your attention as member PLA. I have already circulated one Email and requested for suggestions. This is reminder, come forward, discuss changes and we shall constitute the committee for thorough revision and put up for approval in General Body Meeting.

      Regards,

      Muhammad Shahid Soroya
      Regional Librarian
      Allama Iqbal Open University, Lahore
      Ph.D Scholar (CSAS, PU, LHR)
      M.Phil, MLIS, LLB (PU)

      Secretary General (2012-2014)
      Pakistan Library Association (www.pla.org.pk)
      President (2012-2014)
      President
      Pakistan Librarians Welfare Organization (www.librarianswelfare.org)
      SLA-PAM International Membership Award Winner 2007
      PAM Information Ethics Ambassador 2009
      Patron
      International Journal of Information Management Sciences