Re: [plagpk] Re: Fw: [librarianwelfare] New poll for librarianwelfare

  • Masood Farid Chishty
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 21, 2013
      I also second the suggestion of Mr. Anwar Ch. ......

      V/r
      Masood Farid Chishty

      From: anwar, muhammad <an4anu@...>
      To: "plagpk@yahoogroups.com" <plagpk@yahoogroups.com>, "librarianwelfare@yahoogroups.com" <librarianwelfare@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 7:47 AM

      This should be done under the umberrela of PLA (representative professional association).

      Regards
      Anwar

      ------------------------------
      Muhammad Anwar
      IBA, Karachi

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 22, 2013
        Dear brother Masood and Anwar,

        I am not aware of any National Librarian's Day declared by Govt. of Pakistan or National Library of Pakistan. So, even PLA's decision would only be applicable to its (shrinking) Membership only. It won't be applicable for Librarians nationwide as an obligation.

        Secondly, why should non-members interfere in internal matters of PLWO by voting on such polls? Any Organization can ask such opinion from its members. So, if you are not a member of PLWO, you may not need to vote. I mean, you do not become a "Member" of any Organization just by being on their email discussion group. For example I have joined many discussion groups of IFLA, but I do not become their member until I formally join them by paying their annual fee.

        It would be ideal if PLA can work with Govt. of Pakistan to get a National Day of Libraries officially declared which will help promote the cause of Libraries and create awareness about the role of Libraries in our Society.

        Just my personal opinion! Wiser people may have better suggestions.

        Bushra A. Jaswal

        ------- :)

        ~~! Join  PCLAConnect  Here !~~
        to remain informed about latest developments and updates on Revised Service Structure and Service Rules for Punjab College Librarians.
        Bushra Almas Jaswal
        Chief Librarian & Associate Professor,
        Ewing Memorial Library,
        Forman Christian College (a Chartered University), Feroze Pur Road, Lahore
        Phone 9231581-8, Ext-325
        E-mail:
        bushrajaswal@... or bushra.jaswal@...
        Moblie (92)0300-5117435