Re: [librarianwelfare] Re: Spam messages through Groups

  • adnan adil
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 13 4:48 AM
      Dear Asif Munir,

      Many thanks for your reply and taking this matter on board quickly. It shows how much you are ready to listen to the genuine concerns of your group members.

      I could not believe why moderators of Libcoop didn't took any notice of it. Perhaps listening to members (for improvements) is not on their agenda. Anyways I have already unsubscribed myself from Libcoop list.

      Regards

      Syed Adnan Adil

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 13 6:05 AM
        Mr. Adnan, LIBCOOP moderators also discussed this matter and took appropriate measures. We apologize for any inconvenience caused because of these spam messages.
        However. We did not feel necessary to discuss this matter further on these groups and fill your email boxes. We also recognize your insight and honor your right to subscribers or unsubscribe.
        Thanks!
        Dr. Rafiq
        LIBCOOP Moderator

        *** This message has been sent using QMobile A8 ***

        adnan adil <syedadnanadil05@...> wrote:

        Dear Asif Munir,

        Many thanks for your reply and taking this matter on board quickly. It shows how much you are ready to listen to the genuine concerns of your group members.

        I could not believe why moderators of Libcoop didn't took any notice of it. Perhaps listening to members (for improvements) is not on their agenda. Anyways I have already unsubscribed myself from Libcoop list.

        Regards

        Syed Adnan Adil

        We apologize the inconvenience caused due to spam message. This is to inform all of you that messages do not reach to your inbox automatically but every message is moderated diligently and due care is exercised while forwarding a message to group members. However, We wonder how that particular message was overlooked.

        Further, we are thankful to Mr. Adnan Adil on bringing this issue to our notice. We ensure that every effort will be made to avoid such happenings in future.

        Regards

        Muhammad Asif Munir
        Moderator

        --- In librarianwelfare@yahoogroups.com, adnan adil wrote:

        > Dear Moderators of Librarianwelfare & Libcoop
        >
        > Today I received Spam messages from one of the group members; forwarded / approved by both Moderators. It gives a feeling that every message on these groups 'gets approved automatically' without any human view.
        >
        > Being professional lists; it should not be like this. Perhaps needs to review your 'policy' or delegate this task to some dedicated professionals on rota basis.
        >
        > Its my humble suggestion; hope you wont mind.
        >
        > Regards
        >
        > Syed Adnan Adil

      • Rafiq
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 13 11:28 PM

          Mr. Adnan,

          LIBCOOP moderators also discussed this matter and took appropriate measures. We apologize for any inconvenience caused because of these spam messages.
          However. We did not feel necessary to discuss this matter further on these groups and fill your email boxes. We also recognize your insight and respect your right to subscribers or unsubscribe.

          Thanks!

          Dr. Rafiq
          LIBCOOP Moderator

          --
          Muhammad Rafiq, Ph.D.
          Assistant Professor,
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 14 1:24 AM
            Dear Moderator of LIBCOOP,

            Thanks for letting know all the unaware members of lists that 'something' was happened on this issue behind the scene....does not matter at the expense of one un-subscription.

            I acknowledge and respect your right not to disclose on groups any 'appropriate measures' in this regard.

            All the best

            Syed Adnan Adil

            --
            Muhammad Rafiq, Ph.D.
            Assistant Professor,
            Dept. of Library & Information Science,
            University of Sargodha,
            Sargodha [Pakistan]
            Email: rafiqm@...
            Cell: +92 (0) 324 443 6554
            HEC Approved PhD Supervisor
            The Jay Jordan IFLA/OCLC Early Career Development Fellow, OH, USA
            Associate to Mortenson Centre for International Library Programs, IL, USA
          • Javed
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 14 8:45 AM
              Dr. Rafiq wrote
              "We did not feel necessary to discuss this matter further"

              Adnan>>> hum aaram hai