Need Attention for PLA Constitution Amendments

  • Shahid Soroya
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 5, 2013
    Dear PLA Members,

    Please find attached PLA Constitution, which need your attention for future amendments. PLA International Conference has been planned in month of October, 2013. The finalized proposed amendments will be submitted before the honorable members in General Body Meeting for approval. You are therefore requested to spare your valuable time and review the constitution specially following areas.

    1. Membership
    2. Voting Rights and Eligibility of Office Bearers
    3. Membership Fee
    4. Affiliation
    5. Procedure of Elections
    6. Financial matters

    Please send your proposals to the me and also share with community for positive outcome.

    Thanks and Regards,

    Muhammad Shahid Soroya
    Regional Librarian
    Allama Iqbal Open University, Lahore
    Ph.D Scholar (CSAS, PU, LHR)
    M.Phil, MLIS, LLB (PU)

    Secretary General (2012-2014)
    Pakistan Library Association (www.pla.org.pk)
    President (2012-2014)
    President
    Pakistan Librarians Welfare Organization (www.librarianswelfare.org)
    SLA-PAM International Membership Award Winner 2007
    PAM Information Ethics Ambassador 2009
    Patron
    International Journal of Information Management Sciences
  • Javed
    Message 2 of 3 , Feb 5, 2013
      Do we have any deadline for amendments?

      --- In plagpk@yahoogroups.com, Shahid Soroya wrote:

      > Dear PLA Members,
      > Please find attached PLA Constitution, which need your attention for future amendments. PLA International Conference has been planned in month of October, 2013. The finalized proposed amendments will be submitted before the honorable members in General Body Meeting for approval. You are therefore requested to spare your valuable time and review the constitution specially following areas.
      > 1. Membership2. Voting Rights and Eligibility of Office Bearers3. Membership Fee4. Affiliation5. Procedure of Elections6. Financial matters
      > Please send your proposals to the me and also share with community for positive outcome.
      > Thanks and Regards,
      >

      > Muhammad Shahid Soroya
      > Regional Librarian
      > Allama Iqbal Open University, Lahore Ph.D Scholar (CSAS, PU, LHR)M.Phil, MLIS, LLB (PU)
      > Secretary General (2012-2014)Pakistan Library Association (www.pla.org.pk)President (2012-2014)PULISAA (www.pulisaa.org.pk)PresidentPakistan Librarians Welfare Organization (www.librarianswelfare.org)SLA-PAM International Membership Award Winner 2007PAM Information Ethics Ambassador 2009PatronInternational Journal of Information Management Sciences

    • Samina YK
      Message 3 of 3 , Feb 5, 2013
        Aoa

                  Sir I  Request to All  PLA Elected Members from the provinces and the Federal Area or General
        Body of their respective branch associations. If you take a Membership fee for every Members then why you will not provide us Proper Membership Cards.or Slip of fee.

        Regards,
         Miss, Samina
        Librarian