Book: Foundations of Library and Information Science

  • gombak_98
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2013
      This book consists of course outline and my class speaking notes. The material is based on many years of my teaching experience overseas. This core course is common for the master's degree in most of the Pakistani universities teaching LIS. The purpose is to provide a good source material for teaching and learning to both faculty members and students. It is hoped that they will use it for quality instruction.

      The book has been published by the Allied Book Company, Lahore. It has been printed on good paper and consists of 165 pages. The price, Rs. 275, has been purposely kept low and will be available to students at Rs. 210. A blank page with lines facing the text has been provided for students to take class notes.

      The title cover of the book will be posted on the site.

      Dr. Mumtaz A. Anwar,
      Hon. Professor,
      Department of Library and Information Science,
      University of the Punjab, Lahore