4-tier Service Structure (grade 17 -20 FOR GOVT PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES/COLLGES

  • Rose Spring
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10, 2012

      Resected Mr. Rafique Shahid Bhutta Sahib

      President PCLA

      AOA

      At first, I am highly obliged to send me very positive and favorable reply.

      Actually, our cream of the country is working in State Universities and other are working in Private Universities and colleges. In state Universities, most of the library officers attended seminars/Conferences and getting knowledge of higher technology i.e. internet/web designing building of Koha, M.Phil and PhD degrees etc. In Pakistan, the Govt. College librarian has not good facilities. Resultantly, research work, approach to higher education is very difficult task, for them as well as private colleges/Universities.

      Now the approval of 4-tier Service Structure (grade 17 -20), is very appreciative step, to encourage the college librarian. As now days, we are reading very favorable messages for untiring struggle of yours.

      Now, it is question that Government University i.e. Islamia University, Quaid Azam University etc. where distinguished library leadership are working is there any such struggle or rules.

      I would like to mention here that probably in 1993, in HEC Islamabad meeting was decided to upgrade one step scales in all Pakistani Universities. The decision was only implemented for University Teachers. Other peoples, librarian or Officer are deprived yet. Same formula was not adapted to College teachers.

      I understood that your struggle was not effortless; every person can choose your path.

      However, I believe that your success was hidden in your unity, devotion and entire work.

      I invoke to Allah (SAW) give such attribute to the leader of Govt/Private College/ University Leadership as you.

      Thanking you again

      Ghulab Khan

      Flag this message

      Re: LIBCOOP Fw: [librarianwelfare] RE: [PCLAConnect] PCLA Updates 05/12/2012 - Long pending promotions cases finally notified - Congratulations college librarians who got promotions!

      Friday, December 7, 2012 9:14 AM

      "Rafique Shahid Bhutta" <rafiqueshahidbhutta@...>

      Add sender to Contacts

      "libcoop@yahoogroups.com" <libcoop@yahoogroups.com>, "pclaconnect@yahoogroups.com" <pclaconnect@yahoogroups.com>, "plag" <plagpk@yahoogroups.com>, "lib" <librarianwelfare@yahoogroups.com>

      Dear Mr. / Ms. / Mrs. Rose Spring,

      Normally, we ignore emails coming from fake ID’s and without any name and address. We consider it in-ethical and discourteous to be fake to our colleagues. Also, a person hiding behind a fake ID is not  sure about whatever he/she is saying. But you have raised an interesting question and an answer may be significant for many other colleagues.

      You are right to say that “PRIVATE COLLEGE AND UNIVERSITIES are ALSO AFFILIATED WITH PROVENCIAL EDUCATION DEPARTMENTS” and the same formula should be implemented for private collages too. But, the Govt. Colleges fall under direct jurisdiction of jurisdiction of Higher Education Department of the Govt. of Punjab and work according to the service rules devised and approved by the Department. The old rules of hiring College Librarians in Grade 16 with a Diploma in Lib. Sc., were not valid  for Librarians with a Masters’ Degree which places them at par with College teachers. So, PCLA fought the cases for Income Tax rebate and 4-tier Service Structure (grade 17 -20), resulting into major revision of Service Rules at par with College Teachers. These rules will now apply to all Punjab College  Librarians by default and others librarians in other sectors and provinces may use them as precedence.

      Private Collages have their own individual jurisdictions and their own Service Rules and pay structures. Govt. Rules do not apply on them by default. If you had mentioned your name and designation and Institution, it would have been helpful to better understand your case. Generally, there is a need to organize and launch a massive collective effort by private college librarians, to work with Provincial Education Offices and  the Private Colleges and Universities Administrators, to make them follow the Govt. Rules for their libraries and  librarians.

      If PCLA's help and advice is required, we have our doors open for private colleges’ librarians. If they want PCLA to work with them for their rights, they are most welcomed to join hands with PCLA. We assure all our candid help and support.

      By now, we have been able to create an understanding of our needs by Govt. Officials and Chief Minister Punjab offices. We also have established strong links in Secretariat offices and learned quite well to swim in turbulent waters of Govt. Departments. A PCLA representative (Mr. Zia ud Din Farooqui, General Secretary PCLA) is working as Liaison Officer for College Librarians to assist the Higher Education Department on daily issues regarding Service Structure.  We can use this system and our experience to help our colleagues in private colleges, if they want to help themselves. What PCLA and its members have done for our collective benefits, was not easy for us. It was very hard work and nobody could do it for us. Nobody will do it for you too.

      Regards,

      Rafique Shahid Bhutta

      President PCLA

      ~~! Join  PCLAConnect  Here !~~
      to remain informed about latest developments and updates on Revised Service Structure and Service Rules for Punjab College Librarians.