Re: LIBCOOP Fw: [librarianwelfare] RE: [PCLAConnect] PCLA Updates 05/12/2012 - Long pending promotions cases finally notified - Congratulations college librarians who got promotions!

  • Rafique Shahid Bhutta
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 7, 2012

      Dear Mr. / Ms. / Mrs. Rose Spring,

      Normally, we ignore emails coming from fake ID’s and without any name and address. We consider it in-ethical and discourteous to be fake to our colleagues. Also, a person hiding behind a fake ID is not  sure about whatever he/she is saying. But you have raised an interesting question and an answer may be significant for many other colleagues.

      You are right to say that “PRIVATE COLLEGE AND UNIVERSITIES are ALSO AFFILIATED WITH PROVENCIAL EDUCATION DEPARTMENTS” and the same formula should be implemented for private collages too. But, the Govt. Colleges fall under direct jurisdiction of jurisdiction of Higher Education Department of the Govt. of Punjab and work according to the service rules devised and approved by the Department. The old rules of hiring College Librarians in Grade 16 with a Diploma in Lib. Sc., were not valid  for Librarians with a Masters’ Degree which places them at par with College teachers. So, PCLA fought the cases for Income Tax rebate and 4-tier Service Structure (grade 17 -20), resulting into major revision of Service Rules at par with College Teachers. These rules will now apply to all Punjab College  Librarians by default and others librarians in other sectors and provinces may use them as precedence.

      Private Collages have their own individual jurisdictions and their own Service Rules and pay structures. Govt. Rules do not apply on them by default. If you had mentioned your name and designation and Institution, it would have been helpful to better understand your case. Generally, there is a need to organize and launch a massive collective effort by private college librarians, to work with Provincial Education Offices and  the Private Colleges and Universities Administrators, to make them follow the Govt. Rules for their libraries and  librarians.

      If PCLA's help and advice is required, we have our doors open for private colleges’ librarians. If they want PCLA to work with them for their rights, they are most welcomed to join hands with PCLA. We assure all our candid help and support.

      By now, we have been able to create an understanding of our needs by Govt. Officials and Chief Minister Punjab offices. We also have established strong links in Secretariat offices and learned quite well to swim in turbulent waters of Govt. Departments. A PCLA representative (Mr. Zia ud Din Farooqui, General Secretary PCLA) is working as Liaison Officer for College Librarians to assist the Higher Education Department on daily issues regarding Service Structure.  We can use this system and our experience to help our colleagues in private colleges, if they want to help themselves. What PCLA and its members have done for our collective benefits, was not easy for us. It was very hard work and nobody could do it for us. Nobody will do it for you too.

      Regards,

      Rafique Shahid Bhutta
      President PCLA
      ~~! Join  PCLAConnect  Here !~~
      to remain informed about latest developments and updates on Revised Service Structure and Service Rules for Punjab College Librarians.

      From: Asif Nisar Bajwa <abajwa1@...>
      To: pclaconnect@yahoogroups.com, "plag" <plagpk@yahoogroups.com>, "lib" <libcoop@yahoogroups.com>, "lib" <librarianwelfare@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Wednesday, December 5, 2012, 7:46 PM

      Congratulations PCLA has done it special thanks for Iqbal Hussain Asad Zia Faroqooi Shahid Rafiq and all PCLA Team who done this historic work

      To: PCLAConnect@yahoogroups.com; plagpk@yahoogroups.com; libcoop@yahoogroups.com; librarianwelfare@yahoogroups.com
      From: forums_bushra@...
      Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 12:05:26 -0800

      Dear Friends!

      This is to inform that PCLA has successfully completed the prerequisite steps towards systematic implementation of 4-tier Service Structure.

      The following promotions have been notified today, December 05, 2012 to pave the path for smooth and proper transition into the 4-tier Service Structure for College Librarians of Punjab.
      • Long pending cases of 2 College Librarians, Mr. Zia ur Rehman and Mr. Talib Hussain, which has already been cleared by the Provincial Selection Board, have been formally approved by Chief Minister and their promotion notifications in Grade 19, have been issued today! Congratulations to Mr. Zia and Mr. Talib.
      • 2 other cases of College Librarians, Mr. Rasheed Ahmad of Bhakkar and Mr. Muhammad Farooq of Lahore, which had been already cleared by the Departmental Promotions Committee (DPC), but facing long wait due to inactivity, have finally been notified and orders issued todayfor their  promotion to the Regular Grade 18, by the Higher Education Department, Govt. of Punjab.
      • 16 positions of Librarians working in personal Grade 17, who had MLIS Degrees, but had their appointments in Grade 16 (some of them for last 30 years), who had already been cleared by the Departmental Promotions Committee (DPC), have been promoted to the Regular Grade 17 today.
      These promotions have formalized and straightened  the various positions in the line of hierarchy for taking their due place after transition into 4-tier Service Structure positions. A good thing is that all promotions have been notified in their current places and positions and no one has had to move to some other position or location. Good work Mr. Zia ud Din Farooqui and Mr. Iqbal Hussain Asad for the very effective liaison work. You are sure writing a new chapter in the history of librarianship in Pakistan. God Bless You!
      Hats off to PCLA for their sustained hard work by keeping a slow and steady pace and a graceful patience for going through a  tedious and nerve-testing procedure, with grace and courage.

      Many Many hearty Congratulations to those who got promotion orders.

      Sincerely,

      Bushra A. Jaswal

      ------- :)

      Bushra Almas Jaswal
      Chief Librarian & Associate Professor,
      Ewing Memorial Library,
      Forman Christian College (a Chartered University), Feroze Pur Road, Lahore
      Phone 9231581-8, Ext-325
      E-mail:
      bushrajaswal@... or bushra.jaswal@...
      Moblie (92)0300-5117435