Maqquis Who's Who Honors GCU Chief Librarian Mr. Abdul Waheed

  • Shaheen
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 21, 2012
      Dear Colleagues:

      I have the pleasure to share with you that the Marquis Who’s Who USA has added the name of Mr. Abdul Waheed, the Chief Librarian at Government College University Lahore (GCU) in its latest edition. Since 1899, Marquis Who's Who has remained the standard for reliable and comprehensive biographical data.

      CITATION:
      Abdul Waheed did his post graduation from Manchester and was the first foreign qualified librarian in Punjab Education Department since 1947. He also has written four books and served University of Punjab as Chief Librarian prior to joining the GCU. Keeping in view of the services in the field of library science,  Abdul Waheed’s name has been added along with other prominent and profound individuals from over 200 nations, territories and principalities. It is pertinent to mention here that the publication has been publishing since 1899.

      It is a matter of immense pleasure for his friends and colleagues. Kudoos to Mr. Abdul Waheed!

      Regards,

      Maqsood Shaheen
      Information, Research, and Communication (IRC) Unit
      Public Affairs Section, U.S. Embassy
      Islamabad, Pakistan

    • sher afzal
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 26, 2012
        Respected Sir Abdul Waheed sb, please accept my heartiest congratulations to you and GCU Library staff members on this auspicious occasion. Indeed you deserve that position. I was very much glad to hear this news. I really want to say that you made it up to the mark.
        I wish GOD give you more success in your future life.
        Thanking you,

        Yours truly,

        Sher Afzal
        Head, Bahria University Libraries