PARD/NIPA Library Team Peshawar

  • Muhammad Haroon
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2012

      Dear LIS Colleagues

      Assalam-o-Alaikum

      Pakistan Academy for Rural Development (PARD)/ National Institute of Management Library Peshawar has performing their special role to provide training facilities (free of cost) to LIS professionals all over Pakistan since 2006. Let me express my inner feelings and deepest appreciation that all credit goes to Mr. Arif Khan (Research Librarian) and their team members to organizing such training courses, which reflects the true spirit and devotion for professional development. The training courses provide an opportunity and platform for professionals from different areas of the country to exchange their ideas and experiences for enhancement of their professional competencies.

      These training workshops are very informative and helpful for LIS professionals. I am very much surprised to saw that few participants were not LIS professionals but they attended and enjoyed the workshop. They expressed their very pleasant views about librarianship after attending the workshop.

      A general participant not LIS professional expressed her views that before attending this workshop we understand that librarians are the idle persons. But after attending workshop, I am very astonished that the present librarians are not the lazy persons, they are the information suppliers and their library is the mother of all departments in an institution.

      I think if this workshop has changed the opinion of one person, this is very fruitful for our LIS professionals and is is our responsibility to better the image of librarians in society for general people and this can be done only and only to adopt new trends in librarianship and provide better services to usersI once again congratulate Mr. Arif Khan & their team members and hopeful to conduct more workshops in future on news trends in librarianship.

      Muhammad Haroon

      Manager Library | Rehman Medical College | Hayatabad Peshawar

      UAN: 111-REH-MAN (734-626) |+92-91-5838 000 (Ext. 4351) |Fax: +92-91-5838 333

      www.rmi.edu.pk

    • arif khan
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 5, 2012
        Thank you very much Haroon Sahib for your valued comments. Indeed its participants and trainees who judge and evaluate our efforts. We will continue this tradition with a vision to provide more streamlined, competency-based and Activity-based trainings for LIS professionals.

        Thanks to all those who worked, participated and appreciated. Welcome to all those who provide their valued feedback and comments for further improvement.
        Kind Regards

        --
        ARIF KHAN
        Research Librarian/Project Director/Additional Directing Staff (Research)