Revival of PLA

  • sohail aslam
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2006
      Dear Professionals
      AOA
      I am sending the following email in larger professional interest and pray
      for the revival of the PLA.
      Best regards
      Sohail Aslam
      Ex-Librarian
      CPSP, Lahore

      PLA Punjab Branch Meeting was held on 15-07-2006 at 10:00 a.m. in the office
      of Chief Librarian, Punjab University Library, New Campus, Lahore. The
      following attended the meeting:-

      Dr. Muhammad Fazil Khan Baluch
      Ch. Muhammad Hanif
      Mr. Manzoor Anjum
      Mr. Nusrat Ali Athir
      Mr. Iqbal Muhammad Ch.
      Mr. Muhammad Ashfaq Rana
      Mr. Inayat Ullah Lak

      The meeting started with recitation of the Holly Quran and was chaired by
      Ch. Muhammad Hanif, Vice-President PLA(Pb). All the members were very
      concerned about the transferring of Head Quarter to Boluchistan from NWFP.

      It was unanimously decided that PLA (HQ) be rquested to kindly conduct the
      election without further delay. In case it is not possible in existing
      circumstances, the Head Qaurter may please be shifted to PLA Boluchistan
      Branch so that the activities of PLA can be continued and objections of the
      members about the lethargic attitude of the existing PLA, can be washed out.

      Hopefully, you will give a serious consideration to our request and take
      action which is better in the interest of profession and the Professionals
      without any further delay.

      Yours sincerely

      Manzoor Anjum
      Secretary

    • rehman503
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 29, 2007
        The Director General, National Library of Pakistan, has taken the
        long-due initiative of summoning General Body meeting of the PLA and
        an election of the body, following a conference. Many of us have
        been relieved that finally there appears to be a ray of hope that
        the national association might be salvaged. In order to keep the
        momentum alive, I may propose that a series of actions might be
        initiated.

        1. A steering committee might be formed in the federal capital that
        oversees the whole progress. It may consist of representatives from
        all sectors of the community. Those who have been championing the
        cause may be approached to serve on the committee. This committee
        should meet periodically, at least fortnightly, in order to see that
        the progress is being made.

        2. Initially, from the four provincial capitals, one coordinator
        might be picked by the steering committee. That coordinator should
        be the linchpin for getting wider support of the professional
        community. Eventually, a provincial steering committee might emerge
        out of this exercise.

        3. Most importantly, there should be regular communications to the
        professional community on the issue. There should be numbered
        communication bulletins addressed to the professionals, updating
        them about the latest. These might be posted on the group sites of
        the community.

        I strongly feel that that there needs to be a sustained and rigorous
        effort, engaging the professionals through constant communications.
        Otherwise a sporadic message, once a while, does not indicate that
        there is some serious effort going on.

        Please use these forums to invite those professionals who commit
        themselves to volunteer for the purpose.

        Sajjad