PLA

  • shahzada_gulfam32
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 30, 2006
      Dear Friends

      For the betterment of the profession, it is better to have a permanent
      Headquarter of PLA in Islamabad where members from all the provinces
      exist. Rotation of HQ make the functioning verse.

      Thanks

      Shahzada Gulfam
      Librarian
      Department of Political Science
      University of Peshawar
    • tahir jan
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 2, 2006
        Dear Professional Colleagues:

        Assalamualikum :

        Now-a-days its hot-topic on the PLAGPK that weather the PLA is revive or not. Someone is asking about the legal status of the PLA. Someone is talking about the constitution of the PLA. So I would like to say something which is most important in this regard and very serious matter of our professional.

        1. Instead of writing and spreading our ideas on this platform we did get any result at the end. We should have taken some practical and serious steps in this regard.
        2. In the first step we arrange a meeting of professional librarians anywhere but I suggest that Peshawar is the most suitable place because here we discuss this matter with Mr. Sain Muhammad Malik and listen his opinion about this situation. Where all possible solutions to this problem should be discussed.
        3. We don’t need to revive the PLA because it will take along time why we not activated the present PLA body. Although it is dead body now but we should come the reasons of that, As it has good contribution in past in the field of librarianship.
        4.  Instead of reviving the PLA, we have to find out the reasons/issues that why this association become defunct. We should resolve these issues that it not occurs in future.
        5. Someone are saying that HQ should be permanent shifted to Islamabad I am not agree with this kind of idea I think that the previous practice should be carried out.
        6. In last I request the following senior librarians:
        Mr.Ibrar Muhammad Librarian Central Library University of Peshawar , Mr. Atta Ullah Chief Librarian Agriculture University Peshawar, Mr. Muhammad Khan Librarian Government higher secondary school Peshawar , Mr. Akhoon Zada Librarian IER University of Peshawar, Mr. Ejaz Ahmad, Mr. Abdul Waheed Librarian Punjab University, and other librarians of the public sector universities that they come forward and answer the questions. I suggest that these seniors’ professionals come forward and select professional librarians 10 young and 15 seniors from each province after that they should arrange a meeting of general body.
        1. In last I request Madam Bushra Alma and Mr. Tariq don’t create detest among the professional librarians. If u people are interested in the leadership then come forward and take part in the election of PLA. Don’t become leader by your own self.
                      Hope that our seniors and professional colleagues will think over it.

        Tahir Jan
        Assistant Librarian
        Central Library
        University of Peshawar
        Phone No. 091-9216483

      • shahzada_gulfam32
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 2, 2006
          Dear Friends

          We should think about the reasons of failure of the PLA.

          1.We should voleneerily work for PLA and give the leading role to our
          friends in Islamabad.

          2.We should extend our membership to book lovers and artists.

          3.This will make our association financialy strong.

          4.Our retired members can play greater role for the uplift of the PLA.

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 3, 2006
            Dear Friends

            I am giving suggestions which are better in my view. If someone is
            not agreed to it should come up with better views.

            The present body of PLA has no co-ordination and is unable to work.
            So General Body meeting is must to ask for resignation of the
            present body and hold new election.

            We should voluntarily delegate authority to few members in
            Islamabad to work as interim body.

            1. Their responsibility will be to authorize one member in each
            province and in Islamabad to collect life membership fee. Already
            life members will be excluded.

            2. Their responsibility will be to call general body meeting in
            Islamabad and do the required arrangements.

            Friends, it is not the discussion for getting any power but to to
            give power to our profession.

            Thanks.

            Shahzada Gulfam
            Librarian
            Department of Political Science
            University of Peshawar.
          • Arshid Hussain Afridi
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 4, 2006
              Dear colleagus & friends,

              The discussions on the future of PLA is still without
              result, and no one come with the action and sound
              solution.
              so my suggesstion is that ,that instead of wasting
              time on fruitless discussions, we have to concentrate
              on our job and i think this is the best and simple way
              one has to get satisfiction. no need of gathering
              because it will not bring any positive change in the
              life of librarian.

              inconvenience, if any is regrettable.

              Thanks,
              Arshad Afridi
              Asst. Lib
              NUST, Rwp.

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • shahzada_gulfam32
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 4, 2006
                Dear Friends

                I am very thankful that on my initiative most of the friends are
                thinking alike. We should not let anybody to make us fool. We also
                should not fight for getting the chair. But we should behave like
                scholars and trust our colleagues fighting for the revival. It will
                show our good image.

                PLA`s inability to stop disgrasing librarians by not providing any
                service structure and now the contract policy in services on
                university level is severely affecting the profession. Whereas,
                Proffessors are being offered huge salaries in new HEC policies.

                PLA`s new leadership should be aware of the difficult role ahead and
                only those candidates should come who can actually sacrifise and
                contribute positively

                thanks

                Shahzada Gulfam
                Librarian
                Department of Political Science
                University of Peshawar
              • Ghaniulakram Sabzwari
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 18, 2006

                • Safi Ullah
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 12, 2007
                    Dear Professional Colleagues:

                    I am being a most junior in this profession but reading and analyzing all the email related to the PLA revival.
                    I have keen desires that PLA become active again and work for the betterment and improvement of the librarianship.
                    I want to say that rather to revival of the PLA why not we divide the PLA at the different level.

                    The PLA for the University Librarians (Public & Private)
                    The PLA for the Colleges (Public & Private)
                    The PLA for the High Secondary Schools (Public & Private)
                    The PLA for the Schools (Public & Private)
                    The PLA for the Public Libraries

                    After that, we select the members from every level and make a body which represents all the librarians of the country.

                    This is beneficial because the Problems faced by University level librarians is different from the problem faced by the school or college librarians. Apart from this the service structure of the college cadre will be different from other.

                    I personally think that our senior work on it……………….

                    Safi
                    Librarian
                    Govt. College Khar

                    with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.
                  • Ghaniul Akram Sabzwari
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 13, 2007
                      Dear Safiullah
                      Assalam Alaikum. Let us first pray PLA is revived and some
                      intelligent and hardworking professsionals take over. If it happens so then
                      different divisions in PLA may be created on the pattern of American Library
                      Association. Wassalam.
                      Akram Sabzwari

                      >From: Safi Ullah <safi_pu@...>
                      >To: Plagpk@yahoogroups.com
                      >Subject: [plagpk] PLA
                      >Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 20:51:05 -0800 (PST)
                      >
                      >Dear Professional Colleagues:
                      >
                      > I am being a most junior in this profession but reading and analyzing
                      >all the email related to the PLA revival.
                      > I have keen desires that PLA become active again and work for the
                      >betterment and improvement of the librarianship.
                      > I want to say that rather to revival of the PLA why not we divide the
                      >PLA at the different level.
                      >
                      > The PLA for the University Librarians (Public & Private)
                      > The PLA for the Colleges (Public & Private)
                      > The PLA for the High Secondary Schools (Public & Private)
                      > The PLA for the Schools (Public & Private)
                      > The PLA for the Public Libraries
                      >
                      > After that, we select the members from every level and make a body which
                      >represents all the librarians of the country.
                      >
                      > This is beneficial because the Problems faced by University level
                      >librarians is different from the problem faced by the school or college
                      >librarians. Apart from this the service structure of the college cadre will
                      >be different from other.
                      >
                      > I personally think that our senior work on it������.
                      >
                      > Safi
                      > Librarian
                      > Govt. College Khar
                      >

                      >---------------------------------
                      >Don't get soaked. Take a quick peak at the forecast

                      http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwme0020000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/default.aspx?locale=en-us&source=hmtagline
                    • Zafar Naqvi
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 13, 2007
                        Dear Saifullah,

                        Like my lovely Ustad-e-Mohtarim, I also pray for PLA
                        future and hope that some dedicated hardworking
                        professionals take over the charge and do the work in
                        a right way.

                        Yes, we may create the various chapters PLA under the
                        same umbrella as you mentioned in your mail. we need
                        some concrete proposal and this should be placed in
                        front of coming Generalbody meeting. The young
                        professional like you shold forward a step and prepare
                        a proposal for this.

                        Zafar Naqvi, PIDE
                        --- Ghaniul Akram Sabzwari <gsabzwari@...>
                        wrote:

                        > Dear Safiullah
                        > Assalam Alaikum. Let us first pray PLA is
                        > revived and some
                        > intelligent and hardworking professsionals take
                        > over. If it happens so then
                        > different divisions in PLA may be created on the
                        > pattern of American Library
                        > Association. Wassalam.
                        > Akram Sabzwari
                        >

                        > >From: Safi Ullah <safi_pu@...>
                        > >To: Plagpk@yahoogroups.com
                        > >Subject: [plagpk] PLA
                        > >Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 20:51:05 -0800 (PST)
                        > >
                        > >Dear Professional Colleagues:
                        > >
                        > > I am being a most junior in this profession but
                        > reading and analyzing
                        > >all the email related to the PLA revival.
                        > > I have keen desires that PLA become active again
                        > and work for the
                        > >betterment and improvement of the librarianship.
                        > > I want to say that rather to revival of the PLA
                        > why not we divide the
                        > >PLA at the different level.
                        > >
                        > > The PLA for the University Librarians (Public &
                        > Private)
                        > > The PLA for the Colleges (Public & Private)
                        > > The PLA for the High Secondary Schools (Public &
                        > Private)
                        > > The PLA for the Schools (Public & Private)
                        > > The PLA for the Public Libraries
                        > >
                        > > After that, we select the members from every
                        > level and make a body which
                        > >represents all the librarians of the country.
                        > >
                        > > This is beneficial because the Problems faced by
                        > University level
                        > >librarians is different from the problem faced by
                        > the school or college
                        > >librarians. Apart from this the service structure
                        > of the college cadre will
                        > >be different from other.
                        > >
                        > > I personally think that our senior work on
                        > it……………….
                        > >
                        > > Safi
                        > > Librarian
                        > > Govt. College Khar
                        > >

                        > >---------------------------------
                        > >Don't get soaked. Take a quick peak at the
                        > forecast
                        > > with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.

                        > Laugh, share and connect with Windows Live Messenger

                        http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwme0020000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/default.aspx?locale=en-us&source=hmtagline

                        > Yahoo! Groups Links

                        Zafar Javed Naqvi
                        Division Chief
                        PIDE Library & Documentation Division
                        P.O.Box 1091, Quaid-i-Azam University Campus
                        Islamabad 44000, Pakistan
                        Tel : 92-51-9214041
                        Fax : 92-51-9210886

                        8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time