Re: [plagpk] RE: Workshop on Synthesizing of Library Systems & Operations

  • shakeel khan
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 31, 2011

      I think workshops and seminars are not interlink with these membership. You know that there  are many socities and groups in the country.  And for your kind information sir, peshawar University campus librarian association is an active association and is trying  to organize workshops and seminars in the region. The association has conducted so many workshop in peshawar University , islamia college University etc. in the past. This association has contucted resently a seminar  in bara galli. Also the association has a plan to organize  a series of workshops and seminars after Ramdan. So if you people are really interested in organizing workshops  and seminars so please try to contact PUCLA in this regard.

      Thank you

      Shakil khan

      Librarian

      GDC D I khan

      03139977347

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 31, 2011
        Dear Zakir and Noor Khalid,

        I am happy that students show their interest in learning the new techniques and developments in LIS.

        As you know, we have been regularly organizing training workshops and seminars on campus on different aspect of the field for the last few years.

        We are now planning to organize an extensive training workshops on KOHA and DSpace softwares. Once the program is finalized, we will announce it on LISTSERV. Keep in touch.

        HABIB.UR.REHMAN
        Assistant Librarian &
        Coordinator Lincoln Corner, eLibraryUSA
        Central Library
        University of Peshawar
        Ph: 091-5846626

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 3, 2011
          It was just a quick comment for the information of professional community.
          PLWO's activities are not worrying me at all and why they should be?
          Everyone, in the given capacity,  need to contribute in the development of profession and professional fellows, individually or collectively.

          Regards,
          Anwar

          From: Muhammad Anwar <an4anu@...>
          To: "plagpk@yahoogroups.com" <plagpk@yahoogroups.com>
          Cc: "librarianwelfare@yahoogroups.com" <librarianwelfare@yahoogroups.com>
          Date: Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 3:17 AM

          I personally think PLA Punjab Continuing Education Committee (PLAP CEC) actually set the tone for the development of professionals by organizing number of training workshops/seminars, we should always remember our parent organization, whatever we do.

          Regards,
          Anwar

          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 3, 2011

            Thank you very much for understanding the role of PLWO in professional development and certainly we do need support of senior professionals like you.

            People who are working in these organizations are mostly on volunteer basis and they just expect some kind of acknowledgement from the community but some time few people come with negative remarks which is actually discouraging factor for those who are working and sparing their time for the cause.

            So I personally think, we should acknowledge the role of smaller organizations including Paklag, LISolutions, PUCLA, KIMA and PLC and professionals who are attached with these organizations.

            Thank you again for sharing your remarks.

            Shahid