Re: [plagpk] Shafi ullallah suggestions

  • rais samdani
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 2, 2010
      Good suggetion by Shafu ullah, i second the same, organizers are requested consider the same,
      Samdani

      From: Abdul Waheed Chief Librarian GC UNIVERSITY LAHORE <waheed2834@...>
      Subject: Re: [plagpk] Re: Please keep you promises- Abstract: 21st Century Vision for Libraries, an International Conference
      To: forums_bushra@..., libcoop@yahoogroups.com, librarianwelfare@yahoogroups.com, plagpk@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, September 2, 2010, 10:02 AM

      Dear Madam
      We should extend and acknowledge the organizers to hold a conference after a long gap. In developing countries like Pakistan the like phenomenon may be happened.so i will request to all be patient. It will be a good jesture for the profession that all must follow the schedule.

      Regards

      Abdul Waheed,
      Chief Librarian
      MA,PgDip LIS (Manchester)
      MLSc,MA(Pol.Sc)(Urdu)LL.B(PU)
      Former Chief Librarian University of the Punjab
      GC University, Katchery Road,
      Lahore 54000

      CONTACTS:
      UAN :  +92-111 000 010/ Ext 243,245
      Direct: +92-42-99213348
      Mob:   +92-300-4483461

      From: Abdul Waheed Chief Librarian GC UNIVERSITY LAHORE <waheed2834@...>
      To: libcoop@yahoogroups.com, librarianwelfare@yahoogroups.com, plagpk@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, September 1, 2010, 9:37 AM

      Dear All
      Is it mandatory for conference organizers to provide the details of abstracts or the names to all, however to inform the concerns. I am asking only for information and without any other reason.
      Regards

      ----

      From: Anjum Sheikh <yasheikh@...>
      Subject: Re: Blog for 21st Century Vision for Libraries
      To: "Pakistan Library Association" <placonference2010@...>
      Date: Friday, August 27, 2010, 1:50 PM

      Dear Sir
       Can I have any update for blog/facebook?

      Please advice
      anjum

      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 2, 2010
        yes it is really a good idea but I have already sent this suggestion to them (organisers) on 24/08/2010, I am still waiting their responce.

        --- In plagpk@yahoogroups.com, rais samdani <raissamdani@...> wrote:

        > Good suggetion by Shafu ullah, i second the same, organizers are requested consider the same,
        > Samdani

      • Arif
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 2, 2010

          Dear Mr.  Farasat Shafi ullah

                                                       Thanks for your suggestions and marketing the deficiencies of the conference on the groups. I have read all the e-mails related to suggestions and criticism on the conference’s organizers. Do you think that is it easy job to organize an international conference in such a short time. Being a member of the organizing committee I expect and suggest people like you should know the ground realities of the LIS profession in the country.

          On one side you are asking time period is too short and it is difficult to catch the dead line to write full paper. But on the other side you are giving suggestions that the conference organizers should arrange preconference and workshops. So even then do you think that we must arrange events before the international conference? In present circumstances, we all know that it is quite difficult job to organize a national or international event in the country. We are facing difficulties regarding financial and human resources as well. So I request you please be realistic and don’t write irrelevant.

          If any presenter has observation or s/he has noted any mistake regarding conference is it compulsory for her/him to publish the deficiency on the electronic media. Personally I believe as Muslim as well as professional if we note any mistake or want to give suggestion(s) we may send e-mail on personal account to the organizers or we can call and let them know what you want?

          Last but not least we should pray to ALMIGHTY ALLAH for the success of this event while we are facing the worst terrorism and flood disaster in our beloved county.

          Regards,

          Muhammad Arif
          Member Organizing Committee
          Lecturer
          Department of Library and Information Science
          Allama Iqbal Open University
          Islamabad-44000, Pakistan.
          Tel.: +9251-9057235 (O)

          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 2, 2010
            Respected Sir Arif n Colleagues

            i m fully agree wid the comments of my respected teacher sir Arif. all the organizer of the conference is making their full efforts to make it successful in a very short time period. and as professional its duty of all of us to appreciate them instead of criticism. so plz appreciate them n pray for success of this event

                                                            Uzma Sajjad

                                                          Asst. Librarian

                                                    HITEC University Taxila

            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 2, 2010
              Dear Arif
              Please do your task with letter and spirit. In such events these sort of occurances are natural. Listen the people patiently and read the mail but act as JUDGES and take decesions by involving all other organizers. We can understand the pressure on Organizers.
              Good wishes to all organizers and concerns.

              ----
[...]

            • Farasat Shafi ullah
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 3, 2010

                Sorry for very loongggggggg reply

                Dear Muhammad Arif sb

                I am surprised to see your email and your specific emphasis on “ LIKE YOU PEOPLE” if you wanna  address someone else in my reply why not send him email direct on his personal email as you have suggested me, I really appreciate if this email comes to my personal email  as per your suggestion “ Actions speaks louder than words”.

                I still remember the encouraging email by Rana javed zia Organizing Vice Chair that all professional are welcome for suggestions, I think, I havn’t said anything wrong in my email. i hope you have read an email our senior professional also  about this topic, as far as i know you are just member of a sub-committee not as principles convener so where I rank your reply ( either personal opinion or from organizing chair)

                No doubt Organizing a big events like this are challenging, time taking , required extensive work however on the other end good planning and planning it well in time,  is beauty of any successful conference. Unnecessary haste, rash behavior, negating suggestions of practitioners (maybe I m wrong, but theory of LIS and practical librarianship are quite different) can jeopardize whole project.

                When we say it’s an international event, and foreign participations are expected, and then need of in time planning increase manifolds because well organized such event bring goodwill but badly organized programs can bring bad name for the organizers, community and for the country also. Suggestion is given and short comings are pointed out to help organizers in avoiding failures. Suggestion door should be open all the time as we know nothing is perfect there is always window of improvements.

                If there is any shortcoming regarding manpower you people can call volunteers as all international conference people do and you people can add more person not by repeating one person in more than one committee ( if you can trust people except PLA office bearers).

                Being Muslim i think only those people are good who tell your mistake so that you can correct yourself not the people who always praise for you.

                Last but not least if you are caring for natural disaster then why not cancel this conference in the name of flood if you  can't listen other  professionals who are facing practical problem (the theme of conference) not just theory which we study throughout our academic career

                Again Sorry for taking too much time

                Farasat Shafi-Ullah

                Oi/c Library

                SCME-NUST, Islamabad

                051-90855015
              • adnan adil
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 3, 2010

                  If someone wants to see 'how to perform under-pressure' then s/he should observe the recent emails of Rana Zia Javed........(what an amazing approach towards issues)....

                  The reply from Mr. Arif to Farasat on his suggestion clearly reflect the 'inner fear' & miss-understanding................there were some goood ways as well to turn down his proposal...Farasat was not forcing Conference organizors to implement his idea.........

                  This kind of communication discourage the 'silent & civilized members' of these forums not to forward their thoughts.......(no one want to have personal attcaks in public)......

                  I think the sincere work from Rana Zia , his team & Conference Commoittees will surely achieve victory & respect after the successful Conference (Insha-Allah)......

                  all the best

                  Syed Adnan Adil

                  I think Organisers are very brave persons and have the potential to face the demand of their colleagues. if demand are genuine then they must consider or think... no one is enemy...we all are their well wishers like waheed sahib , they know very well, they are ready to answer all these questions , but its our duty to forward genuine demand. i am also requesting that please review the submission time, may be some people already worked on their papers but those who are preparing, they are facing time problem...please think for all...siraf main main achi baat nahin hay... if majority are saying some thing then we should respect the majority. our kuch ghalat bhi nahay kah rahay... lets answer the organizers......
                  Regards,
                  Qaisra Riaz

                   Can I have any update for blog/facebook?

                  Please advice
                  anjum

                     Can I have any update for blog/facebook?

                    Please advice
                    anjum

                     I just created a blog for conference and (under construction) pages for (accepted) abstracts.

                     http://placonference2010.blogspot.com/

                    Your comments for improvement will be highly appreciated.

                    Wish you all good luck with this conference

                    Best Regards

                    anjum

                    --
                    Farasat Shafi-ullah-CKM (MS-UK)
                    Library Officer
                    NUST-SCME, http://scme.nust.edu.pk/
                    lib.officer@...
                    office # 0092-51-90855015
                    cell # 0092-344-5300122

                  • Bushra Almas Jaswal
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 7, 2010
                      Certain things in this mail are interesting. By now, I have heard this sentence many times:

                      "Do you think that is it easy job to organize an international conference in such a short time."

                      Well, we don't at all think it is easy and that is what worries me. Actually this is an impossible task and this is the case of bad planning. Why should anyone appreciate it? International Conferences take at leat a years' time to plan and to organize. If someone due to some reason, is pushing to do it within 15 days, out of which, 5 days are public holidays,  it is not something to be appreciated because obviously, there will be many compromises over the quality. If it is difficult to do, just don't do it.

                      But, please do not demand excuses for organizing the Conference in such short time. The world is not going to end after 13-14 October. The dates can be extended. But, Please ensure quality work both on papers as well as management and organization of the Conference.

                      This is just a comment not a criticism. Best Regards!

                      Bushra

                      ------- :)

                        Message 11 of 12 , Sep 8, 2010

                          Dear Madam

                          ٓAssalam-O-Alakum

                          Thanks for your comments. I think these comments are beyond criticism. You are a very senior professional and serving not only as a Chief Librarian but also as an Associate Professor at an esteemed institution. Your criticism depicts your thoughts. You are trying to trap and demoralize organizers of this conference. I also perceive that you are feeling jealousy. But we are ready to face all challenges and we are committed to organize this international conference with full spirit (Insha Allah).

                          I am sorry in advance if any word of my email heart you. I am just trying to correct your direction.

                          Best Regards and Happy Eid Greetings in advance,

                          Muhammad Sajid Mirza
                          Organizing Secretary,
                          International Conference 2010
                          Senior Librarian / Head Technical Services Division
                          Central Library, International Islamic University
                          Sector H-10, Islamabad. Pakistan
                          Office: 92-51-9019381, 92-51-9257996
                          Cell: 0333-5385235, Fax: 92-51-9258054

                          Asstt. Secretary PLA (FB)