Appreciate those who pointed out our shortcomings

  • rana javed
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2010
      Respectable Waheed Sahib,
                                      Yes it was mandatory from our side to atleast inform the contributors/authors if we had some delay in result due to any reason.I admit it as our mistake and say excuse for not fulfilling our announced deadline although this delay is due to evaluation by experts.
      We had discussed this in meeting of organizing committee and it was decided that positively all contributors would get response till 03rd of September.And this was change of deadline which was manadatory to be communicated to all concerned. which unluckily was not by the concerned.

      We appreciate you , Adnan Adil , Farasat Shafiullah , Anjum Sheikh , Saeed Akhtar and all those who pointed out our shortcomings and made us to be very careful in future while making any announcement.I also admit that when we dont involve our community by sharing decisions with them it creates doubts so i will inshallah ensure maximum decisions to be shared with the whole community

      With Best Regards

      Rana Zia Javed
      Organizing Vice Chair PLA FB Internation Conference 2010
      Convener   Announcement Committee
      Vice President PLA Federal Branch
      Vice President Officers Welfare Association QAU
      Research member Govt.Of Canada Research panel
      Mobile # 0300-4382511
      Phone # 051-90642076

    • adnan adil
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1 6:02 AM

        I appreciate the pragmatic approach of  Rana Zia Javed .

        I was looking at the website of PLA-FB International Conference.......and it looks amazing....very good work.......it also had links to its blog & facebook page.......

        Some suggestions:

        a. Upload conference final program (when finalized) on it as well.......

        b. Upload the abstracts of the papers who are successful to get slot in conference along with the details of authors............(it enhances the impact, contribution & variety of content being presented in the conference)......it also prepares the delegates to think on these areas and come up with 'valid & important questions'..........as conference is focusing on the solutions rather than identifying problems only....hence active participation of audience in the papers along with fruitful discussion will do the purpose...........

        c. Compile a list of delegates participating on this occasion and circulate it among delegates via welcome pack............many experts are of the view that biggest advantage of a conference is networking...............(sorry if you are already had this idea in practice)...

        Kind regards

        Syed Adnan Adil