Re: [plagpk] Digest Number 539

  • SALEEM
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 8, 2005
      Aslam o alkum
      to every body, i am fully agreed with comments of brother Mustafa, i am in Canada now a days and could you people imagin that here are libraries paying 18$ to 19$ per hour to librariy technician,(A library tech here required only grade ten education and 2 years diploma) and usaully have to do technical works,here are a Librarian who had done masters in Library sciences is being paid more than25$ per hour.
       but its strange that in which way librarians are being expolited in pakistan????
      its only due to policy makers and some extant weakness or lake of union in our professionals.
      Allah Hafiz

      Muhammad Saleem
      Addiction Foundation of Manitoba Video Library
      Winnipeg, Canada

      plagpk@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/9rHolB/TM

      There is 1 message in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. RE: more library jobs
      From: "khawaja.mustafa"

      Message: 1
      Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 17:17:17 +0500
      From: "khawaja.mustafa"
      Subject: RE: more library jobs

      Dear Moneem qureshi, Thanks for posting various library vacancies
      Specially Sr. NO.1 to 3.

      I have comments about job at S.No.4. "It seems even hiring donkeys
      Nowadays has become cheaper than to hire librarians. When we divide
      Rs.7000 on 1600 items the rate comes to Rs.4.37 per item, we through
      Our experience know that to technically process a single book or
      document
      It takes more than one hour. So the hourly rate of a librarian suggested
      here is less than a donkey that could be hired @ Rs.20 per hour.

      Librarians must assert their value in the market like other
      professionals,
      Otherwise our position will not rise above dignified clerks.
      (Note: These are my personal views and not related to PLAG, MELAP or
      AKU)

      Regards,

      Khawaja Mustafa

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 15, 2005
        Dear hafiz sb
        Salam
        I have just read your coments regarding nmustaf
        mails.But in my point of view it is a good news for
        our professional in pakistan that now our libray work
        can be done on commercial basis .And thanks God if
        there exits an example for ourselves that library bulk
        work can be managed oncommercial basis otherwise there
        are no rules to automate libraries,to prepare their
        databases.All of this is being asked to a single
        librarian to do so.So,at this stage ,i think is good
        and further it may be improved.
        salam

        --- SALEEM <hafizsaleem@...> wrote:

        > Aslam o alkum
        > to every body, i am fully agreed with comments of
        > brother Mustafa, i am in Canada now a days and could
        > you people imagin that here are libraries paying 18$
        > to 19$ per hour to librariy technician,(A library
        > tech here required only grade ten education and 2
        > years diploma) and usaully have to do technical
        > works,here are a Librarian who had done masters in
        > Library sciences is being paid more than25$ per
        > hour.
        > but its strange that in which way librarians are
        > being expolited in pakistan????
        > its only due to policy makers and some extant
        > weakness or lake of union in our professionals.
        > Allah Hafiz
        >
        > Muhammad Saleem
        > Addiction Foundation of Manitoba Video Library
        > Winnipeg, Canada
        >

        > plagpk@yahoogroups.com wrote:
        >
        > There is 1 message in this issue.
        >
        > Topics in this digest:
        >
        > 1. RE: more library jobs
        > From: "khawaja.mustafa"

        > Message: 1
        > Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 17:17:17 +0500
        > From: "khawaja.mustafa"
        > Subject: RE: more library jobs
        >

        > Dear Moneem qureshi, Thanks for posting various
        > library vacancies
        > Specially Sr. NO.1 to 3.
        >
        > I have comments about job at S.No.4. "It seems even
        > hiring donkeys
        > Nowadays has become cheaper than to hire librarians.
        > When we divide
        > Rs.7000 on 1600 items the rate comes to Rs.4.37 per
        > item, we through
        > Our experience know that to technically process a
        > single book or
        > document
        > It takes more than one hour. So the hourly rate of a
        > librarian suggested
        > here is less than a donkey that could be hired @
        > Rs.20 per hour.
        >
        > Librarians must assert their value in the market
        > like other
        > professionals,
        > Otherwise our position will not rise above dignified
        > clerks.
        > (Note: These are my personal views and not related
        > to PLAG, MELAP or
        > AKU)
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Khawaja Mustafa

        Muhammad Saleem Malik
        Librarian
        Govt. Municipal Degree College, Madina Town,
        Faisalabad
        Ph: Off: (041) 9220283
        Shop:(041) 041-711395
        Res: 041-645705