      From: ahmad shah <ahmadmlisku@...>
      To: plagpk@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, December 29, 2008 9:28:53 AM
      Subject: Re: [plagpk] Change in Name of Librarian

      Dear colligues,

      The respect for profession and for your title does not come from changing name or title etc. you can earn respect by the skills you have and the attitude you pose during your professional work, do work professionally, do dress professionally and convince people by your hardwork and attitude.

      No one can impress people by citing his professional job title or name of his job. but the way he talks, the way he acts attract people to know that who he is.

      please work hard, be skillfull and from all above be humble, positive, receptive and proactive in your professional life. people will automatically start recognizing you. just explore yourself and know your strengths.

      Ahmad Ali Shah
      AKU-IED.

      From: SALMAN MAHMOOD <smartbrain86@ yahoo.com>
      Subject: [plagpk] Change in Name of Librarian
      To: plagpk@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Thursday, December 25, 2008, 1:55 PM

      It is the real problem facing by all the librarians in Pakistan. There is no respect of librarians even if somebody ask abt our job and he/she come to know that he is a librarian then they said that leave it means people dont like librarians and the word librarian even our home mebers dont like this status so we have to change the minds of our people but it will take a long period. There are so many chnges taking place in the field of library and information science so there should be a some change in the name of librarian. I request that PLA authorities should give more attention to solve this problem n pleaze try to take changes in the name also.
      M.Salman Mahmood
      Library Officer
      City School,Ravi Campus
      Johar Town,Lahore.