24220Opportunity @ LUMS Library
- Jun 20, 2014Dear Professionals,LUMS Library is looking for “Assistant Manager Collection Development” in collection development department. Interested candidates find below the details:
Job DescriptionPosition PurposeWill be responsible for the development of library collections, to explore the donations and free documents’ sources and cataloguing and classification of library materials using state-of-the-art tools in VIRTUADirect ReportsTBD** Main Responsibilities
Any other duty assigned by the Director Library
- Cataloging, classification of books using RDA, E-DDC etc.
- VIRTUA cataloguing module management
- Determining and filling gaps in subject collections
- Management of RFID tagging, bar-coding, accessioning labeling etc.
- Communicating with faculty and students for marketing of library acquired collections
- Exploring donations and depositories for the library
- Overall responsible for the technical processing of the books
- Annual stock taking
Job Specifications[Position: Collection Development Librarian]DimensionEssentialDesirableQualificationMasters in Library and Information SciencesSameExperience5 year5 years
KnowledgeTechnical processing using latest tools and standards.Knowledge of collection development e-booksSameSkills and AttributesSkills1. Analytical2. Coaching3. Computer4. Database Management5. English Communication6. Information Technology7. Library (technical)8. Planning9. Problem Solving10. Web ApplicationsBehavior1. Accountable2. Committed3. Creative4. Diplomatic5. Customer oriented6. Hard Working7. Pleasant8. proactive9. Supportive10. Team PlayerWork ScheduleBusiness hours often extend into the evenings and weekends to accommodate the needs of current workloads and event schedules.Flexibility & commitment is a must.Work EnvironmentMostly in the Library. Very interactive environment.SameApplication Deadline: Monday, Jun 30, 2014Note: Please make sure to specify the position applied for in the subject line.Best RegardsMuhammad Zeeshan | Deputy ManagerGad & Birgit Rausing LibraryLahore University of Management SciencesUAN: 111-115-867 Ext: 8166 |Direct: +92 423 5608166 | Fax: +924235898307
- Next post in topic >>