17643Re: [plagpk] Some professional/personal reservation and humble suggestions about PLA upcoming elections

  • rana javed
    Jun 1, 2012
                          I am engaged with activities of welfare of employees of my organization as their President so i find it very difficult to take part in discussions on these forums,from a long time i have not written any e-mail.Before talking on the issue i want to make it clear that i am not taking part in PLA elections this time as i have no time to deliver as PLA representative.But still as a PLA member it hurts me when i see some people indulged in such negative tactics they perhaps think that this way they can won elections by getting ant lobbies of certain specific persons.For them i want to share that this way no vote can be attracted however can be spoiled only so please avoid negative tactics.
      Also for moderators you must not approve any e-mail whose sendor is not known to you discourage fake identities.
      i suggest to all contesting panels and personalities to focus on your own projection instead of raising fingers on others,this can help you to get what you want
      for headquarters there came negative way from one side whereas otherside has avoided it and will get its benefit.
      atleast every member is a master degree holder and if you want respect learn to give respect first

      With Best Regards,

      Rana Zia Javed
      Head Reserve/Oriental section DRSM Library QAU
       President Officers Welfare Association
      Quaid e Azam University Islamabad
      Mobile#0300-4382511
      Office# 051-90642076
      e-mail   ranaziajaved@...

      From: Farasat Shafi ullah <farasat.shafi@...>
      To: "plagpk" <plagpk@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Wednesday, May 30, 2012, 11:28 AM

      dear professional colleagues

      aoa

      i am writing these line with a deep sorrow  and its took almost the whole day that how and where to start after receiving a letter from ALL PAKISTAN LIBRARIANS GROUP.

      On this email group as for i remember ( please make me right if wrong) we always discuss professional issues and condemn dirty politics and mud slugging.

      As professional librarians we already know about our status and continuously striving for its betterment (individually or in group), we also know the LIS faculty comments about Librarians and how they behave in their own department but............................

      can we blame our teacher ( who are our career councilor before we are able to be called as librarians) by these slang language script " aap kin librarins ki baat karte hain jo das ropee ki khater hume vote dete hai" or   "hum boolpan main apne asateza ko
      apna rehnuma samgh leete hai" or yaad rakhai joota pehnene wale jaana t hai joota kahan kaata hai"

      i feel embarrassed that at some stage in our life  we will remember our teacher in these words.

      We can have differences even with our parents but are we forget all our ethical, moral and religious teaching that what respect teacher has in any individual's life. Even we know the people who talked about LIS faculty behavior or have any reservation,  they are willingly and happily teaching in same departments.

      I humbly request  please it is not professionalism if some one abuse and you abuse in reply doesn't make any sense.

      The Need of time is to concentrate on positive elections campaigns and see what option or manifesto new groups have for future, what are their achievement (if old
      buddies are there), what difference they can make

      please don't mind for long email

      regards

      --
      Farasat Shafi-ULLAH