      From: Kanwal Ameen <kanwal.ameen@...>
      To: plagpk@yahoogroups.com; libcoop <libcoop@yahoogroups.com>; librarianwelfare <librarianwelfare@yahoogroups.com>; dlispu@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thu, June 30, 2011 12:36:05 PM
      Subject: [plagpk] Thanks, Important Update and Workshop

      Dear Friends, Colleagues and Students, AOA

      Hope you are doing well. Thankyou all for your kind messages on my getting HEC Best Teacher Award. It's less about myself and more about LIS representation which has made me happy. Of course its due to God's Blessings and good wishes of all my near and dear ones.
      I regularly see your mails and was already going to shar with you the following update regarding the DLIS and also make annoucement for the upcoming workshop. Please excuse me for long mail.
      1. Considering the feedback from our students, senior colleagues and members Board of Studies, we have revised some courses in MLIS Program while the INTERNSHIP has been sandwiched between the 2 years to save students' completion time and to prepare them better for the advance courses in the final year.

      2. A  "Continuous Research and Professional Development Cell" (CRPD) has been established in the  DLIS to meet two goals: (i) Increase its visibility amongst the PU faculty and (ii) Develop our LIS community. We are already working on these goals.

      3. Some measures have also been taken to further improve the program quality, and to control the demand and supply ratio in the job market.
      4. We have decided to focus on only PhD admissions in the upcoming session to cater the MPhil students as we have only limited number of the full time faculty members available. Next year InshaAllah MPhil admissions will be offered again. Sorry for any inconveience to any of our potential candidate.

      5. Faculty is available to our young Alumni for 'Career Councing and Guidance' to help them in career growth. You can fix appointment with the faculty member of your choice by simply calling on Dept's number or sending him/her email.

      Workshop Announcement
       26-28 July on "Developing Academic Librarians as Knowledge Workers". Keep your dates locked for this. Soon the details will be announced.
      More later, Thank again and very best regards!

      Prof. Kanwal Ameen, PhD.
      Chairperson, Dept. of Library & Information Science (DLIS),
      University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan
      Post-Doc.Fulbrighter 2009-2010, University of Missouri, USA
      Chief Editor (2005-2009) “Pakistan Journal of LIS”
      Pre-Doc. Fulbrighter 2000-2001, University of Texas, Austin, USA
      Secretary, IFLA LIS Education in Developing Countries SIG
      Member, PLA, IFLA, ALA, CILIP

      Austin, USA
      Secretary, IFLA LIS Education in Developing Countries SIG
      Member, PLA, IFLA, ALA, CILIP

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic