Can't find directory

  • gyansorova
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2003
      I am using the experimental release - the first version that has
      directory saving on it when you power off.
      I have one directory amonts loads of others called 'singles' which
      has about five sub directories. For some reason the player seems to
      skip that directory every time as if it were not there.
      I have no individual files within the directory, only five sub
      directories with files in them.
      Any ideas? the directory is fine - I can read it in Windoz and play
      any file. The player can access any otehr directory ok too it just
      seems as if that one is invisible.

      regards
    • Bernie Pallek
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2003
        Two ideas:

        1) There is a maximum depth for subdirs (I think 5, currently), so if yours are too deep, they will be skipped in the search.

        2) There is a "remove empty directories (aka playlists)" routine, so perhaps it's related? (in your case, a directory that contains no files, except for other directories, might be considered "empty" and perhaps it is removed, along with other directories?).

        I haven't looked at the code about it, but these are some ideas anyway.

        - bernie