So what improvements are being made?

  • b-cha
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2005
      Last year there were many good things going, that no one knew about.

      I think there is alot of attention needed on how you promote events.
      I remeber the worst being that poor Avalon Hill qualifiers, no one
      showed up enough to even cover the great prizes they were offering,
      or the fact that they were giving lessons on how the games worked, so
      you had a chance at making it to their nationals(free trip)just for
      showing!! Still no one came. There had to be a reason...

      I also heard from several vendors, that the convention was so
      lackluster that they will not come back, due to what they
      call "outrageous table pricings", in terms of potential revenue
      issues. Has any of this been addressed with the convention organizers?

      Last but not least, I also hear alot of gripes about the pricing on
      daily acess. I know this is a touchy issue, and I will not pretend to
      know what resources go into planning this event. But alot of people
      told me "frankly, the content is not worth the cover price".
      Especially last year.

      I love the comicon, its great fun. I hope the problems from the last
      few can be fixed this year.

      ttyl

      -B